lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2010, 08:31 AM   #11
Brad
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Clutch for 16hp. duromax

Just completed a repower on my 84 CC with a Honda GX390.Bought new clutch and tapered adapter from Cartspartsplus,cut the shaft per instructions,installed clutch,fabbed up a motor mount,starter/gen bracket,throttle linkage and exhaust pipe to stock muffler and very pleased with the results.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2010, 08:59 AM   #12
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Got any pics brad? Id like to see that starter gen bracket. Also did you buy the duromax without a starter?
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:05 AM   #13
Brad
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'll have to get my daughter to show me how to do pics (im in the over 50 crowd) My motor is a Honda without a elec.starter,which let me use the original belts.On the S/G bracket I cut the original down and welded a flat 1 1/4 x 9ish x 1/8 plate on the bottom and drilled the holes to match the 2 rear fuel tank mounting holes then fabbed a tensioner that pushes the s/g backwards for belt tension (like a jackscrew) To me the cool thing was that the wires all hooked up as the factory even the low oil sensor.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #14
CAPTAIN43B
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I bought a CPP06 clutch from CPP. Is there a way to adjust the idle speed on the clutch. I have idled the motor (16hp powermax) as low as it will idle but cart still want's to roll at idle and will not shift.
CAPTAIN43B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:00 PM   #15
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN43B View Post
I bought a CPP06 clutch from CPP. Is there a way to adjust the idle speed on the clutch. I have idled the motor (16hp powermax) as low as it will idle but cart still want's to roll at idle and will not shift.
Is the belt a tad short and dragging?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:51 AM   #16
CAPTAIN43B
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I don"t know , That is what I was considering. What is trhe proper tension ,drag ,slack for this. I am going to the garage now and loosen the belt some . Thanks Dave
CAPTAIN43B is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car