lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
bugdat
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Smile Slow Start with Strong Acceleration

Hello All:

Just purchased a 1998 Club Car DS totally stock. Clean and rides great. I noticed that my brother-in-laws 1997 DS starts smooth and runs well at low take off speeds. My DS starts at about 1/4 throttle and accelerates well. It is as if I don't have a "low" engine running setting. Is there a way to adjust when the engine gets spark ? Thank You
bugdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2010, 10:43 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Slow Start with Strong Acceleration

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugdat View Post
Hello All:

Just purchased a 1998 Club Car DS totally stock. Clean and rides great. I noticed that my brother-in-laws 1997 DS starts smooth and runs well at low take off speeds. My DS starts at about 1/4 throttle and accelerates well. It is as if I don't have a "low" engine running setting. Is there a way to adjust when the engine gets spark ? Thank You

Try adjusting the cable where it enters the "black box" under the seat. My cart so adjusted will hit just as the brake releases giving me a very smooth transition from slow idle to full power. Read the sticky above also, it gives some some good info on setting up your cart for optimal performance but be sure to make small incremental adjustments as opposed to "balls to the wall" changes to get your cart where you want it to be.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:42 AM   #3
bugdat
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank You for the information. I will be trying this soon !! I will report back also.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:48 PM   #4
bugdat
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I am back. I adjusted the cable from the Solenoid box so it engaged the throttle linkage a little sooner. I did a "little" adjustment and not too much all at once. It worked well and the start out is sooner. Thanks for the help !! I got the clean out the solenoid box of cobwebs and some dust. Everything looks to be in order. I am liking this cart way more than I thought I would. My wife likes it more than her honda fourwheeler.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #5
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

Talking Re: Slow Start with Strong Acceleration

Carts are that way, once you start, you are surprised how much fun you can have. But, beware, you will likely get bit by the Mod bug. Soon you will be asking yourself, "I wonder how hard it would be to get this thing to go a little bit faster? (it's easy by the way) Or, I wonder if I might be able to go more places with a lift kit and bigger tires? (you can...) And if you get the bug real bad, you will be looking for a new paint scheme too.

Glad you found the help you needed at buggiesgonewild.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:52 PM   #6
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminpa View Post
Carts are that way, once you start, you are surprised how much fun you can have. But, beware, you will likely get bit by the Mod bug. Soon you will be asking yourself, "I wonder how hard it would be to get this thing to go a little bit faster? (it's easy by the way) Or, I wonder if I might be able to go more places with a lift kit and bigger tires? (you can...) And if you get the bug real bad, you will be looking for a new paint scheme too.

Glad you found the help you needed at buggiesgonewild.

Been there, done that

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:21 AM   #7
bugdat
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Smile Re: Slow Start with Strong Acceleration

Thanks again for the help. I am impressed with how well built these things are. The frames, drivetrain and so on. I guess hey are made to last a while. I was just thinking last night, how can I go in the snow ? I might need different tires and a small lift would be helpful. My wife might protest some. I might have to get a second "project cart". Here we go .. :-) I need some $ back on the fourwheeler stuff I have ... This cart thing seems like a lot of fun since you can do a lot of things yourself and for not a lot of money. I like to work on and build things so it has that appeal for sure !!! Have a good week !!

Tags
club car 1998, gas golf cart, starting
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car