lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
Ramchargin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Another running problem. Im stumped.

Started my lift at the rear. Jacked the back way up and left it like that over night. Came out the next morn and every drop of gas from the tank had run out through the carb!

I figured maybe it was the angle I had the cart at but really not sure.

Got all the lift done and cart wouldn't run. Only way I could get the engine to fire is to hold 2 fingers over the carb choking it. I have to hold fingers over it because after the lift the air intake tube no longer fits due the closeness of the control box now.

Ok so it needs coking.. I took the carb off, completely disabled, cleaned and blew with air. Same **** problem now here's the kicker.. when the engine is starting or running by the starter small sputters of gas come back out of the carb, the wrong way!

So I figured the carb was screwed and I suspected the carb had issues anyway so I stopped and picked up a brand new Kawasaki carb from a cart dealer. Same thing!!

How in the world could I have screwed my cart up this bad leaving it at a 30 degree angle over night! Now Im stuck with a cool lookin cart on a trailer at the Urbanna Oyster festival. :-(
Ramchargin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Another running problem. Im stumped.

I tend to think you have a problem with the float sticking
at the angle your engine is. Is any thing else different?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

These things don't run for crap without the air box on. If you have not adapted it somehow yet, you will need to, the carb is designed for some vacuum on the air cleaner side.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 05:34 PM   #4
Ramchargin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminpa View Post
These things don't run for crap without the air box on. If you have not adapted it somehow yet, you will need to, the carb is designed for some vacuum on the air cleaner side.
I am going on record here and saying your da man!

Days and days and an expesive carb later it was as simple as reconecting the hose from the airbox to the carb.

This is great info and should be stickied?
Ramchargin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car