lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2015, 06:45 PM   #1
1970buick
Gone Wild

Default rear end swap?

I have a g19e with a bad rear. I have a good rear from a G8. Is it as easy as unbolting one and bolting up the other? I know one is 36v and the other is 48v but I have both motors in good shape too. Will those swap?
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2015, 07:09 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: rear end swap?

Nope, pretty sure the G8 has the older style yamaha built axle with the "club car style" 10 spline. G19 has a dana built 19 spline axle. If the axle design (looks same from outside) is not identical, dont even bother getting out the measuring tape to see if the mounting points are same distance apart. Converting a yamaha 19 spline motor to 10 spline axle is not feasable at all.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:26 PM   #3
1970buick
Gone Wild

What if I swapped the entire assembly, axle, diff, and motor. Isn't it possible to run 36v motor off of 48v pack? I was thinking people did this pretty often for power increase.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:01 PM   #4
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Yes you can run a 36v motor on 48v. I think it is a 20% increase in both speed and torque
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:26 AM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

Well, that might be worth a try. They both use the same type of mounting. It might be worth measuring after all. Be sure to stay with the same motor type, a G19 is a sepex motor, a G8 is a series motor. Hooking a series motor to a sepex controller = fried controller every time. There are clubcar sepex motors that would bolt right on to a G8 axle, but they are already 48v, so you wouldnt get the automatic 33% increase in speed & torque. Either way, a G8 motor cant hook to a G19 controller. Its still not looking like a cheap & easy swap, unless you have a sepex motor that fits a G8 axle (assuming the trans would bolt up, which is a big assumption if you havent measured it).
Old 01-27-2015, 04:25 PM   #6
1970buick
Gone Wild

I will have to measure everything. What year club car motors will fit? I have a couple of those also, 48v ones. I do have the G8 controller that would match the motor and rear. I wonder how hard it would be to rewire that in place of the G19 controller.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:31 PM   #7
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970buick View Post
I will have to measure everything. What year club car motors will fit? I have a couple of those also, 48v ones. I do have the G8 controller that would match the motor and rear. I wonder how hard it would be to rewire that in place of the G19 controller.
Any SepEx CC motors from 2002-Present
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:31 PM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

A G8 controller will limit you to 36v max. And you would have to get an older 0-1k throttle to make that controller work.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha