lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2018, 06:36 PM   #21
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax XCT install pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You lithium guys are looking sharp You obviously have room to spare... I would like to see more pics from the stock wet cell cart installs.

Here is mine before the conversion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2018, 07:22 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm glad to see more and more people tossing the heat sink and mounting to the splash panel. Guy told me today he could not see the LED status light because the controller was behind the aluminum panel...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:24 PM   #23
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I'm glad to see more and more people tossing the heat sink and mounting to the splash panel. Guy told me today he could not see the LED status light because the controller was behind the aluminum panel...
It looks good, but I'm not sold on that idea just yet. I worked for a dealer too long and saw too many of those controller covers get ripped off. If you can prevent that from happening, I'm all for it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 08:28 PM   #24
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
It looks good, but I'm not sold on that idea just yet. I worked for a dealer too long and saw too many of those controller covers get ripped off. If you can prevent that from happening, I'm all for it.

The upper two bolts on mine are through the under body above the splash cover, bottom two bolts and solenoid are through the cover. I also have fender washers on the bolts through the cover. I don’t think it’s going anywhere. But I see your point and think a few zip ties would be cheap insurance if everything is bolted to the splash cover itself.

Old 03-27-2018, 08:31 PM   #25
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
The upper two bolts on mine are through the under body above the splash cover, bottom two bolts and solenoid are through the cover. I also have fender washers on the bolts through the cover. I don’t think it’s going anywhere. But I see your point and think a few zip ties would be cheap insurance if everything is bolted to the splash cover itself.

Yeah the zip ties would help for sure. I used to get calls all the time from golf courses saying that their cart was making a funny noise. Look under there and both tabs were broken off and the cover was dragging underneath the car.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:22 AM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Yeah the zip ties would help for sure. I used to get calls all the time from golf courses saying that their cart was making a funny noise. Look under there and both tabs were broken off and the cover was dragging underneath the car.
Rentals Mines doing fine but will look and see if I need the zip ties
Old 04-05-2018, 02:40 PM   #27
urshadow
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Other than room, is there another reason to remove heat shield? When cleaning off batteries, doesn't it help keeping everything from getting wet?
urshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 12:29 AM   #28
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by urshadow View Post
Other than room, is there another reason to remove heat shield? When cleaning off batteries, doesn't it help keeping everything from getting wet?

The Alltrax is water resistant but not water proof. So don’t blast it with a hose, but some splashing is fine.

Old 04-06-2018, 07:14 AM   #29
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Alltrax posted a you tube video of their controller in a tub of water running a cart. A BGW member fell through the ice while driving his Alltrax powered cart. The next day they retrieved the submerged cart and began drying it out... low and behold the controller worked fine.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:56 PM   #30
TurboQ
Not Yet Wild

Hello, currently working on installing my XCT500 on my 09 Precedent with the stock OCB still installed. I have the J7 and J8 wires hooked up and was moving on the J9 and am a bit confused. Alltrax diagram shows J9 being the A1 white wire from the motor, my A1 wire on the stock motor is a green wire with a short yellow jumper on it which originally went to the stock controller and jumped to the stock solenoid. Once again referring to the alltrax controller diagram it lists the A2 wire as green from the motor going to the B+ slot on the alltrax then a jumper to the solenoid but my stock motor wire in the A2 slot is white and is a single with no jumper. I'm trying to determine if the alltrax manual has the wires listed backwards or what's going on? Thanks
TurboQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car