lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2019, 10:29 AM   #11
brotherhay
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 99 DS 48v intermittent jumping off the start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Did You check the ranges for the speed and throttle sliders?
Heres a pic of what it was set to before changing it back to digital switch.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...psn70d5woh.jpg

How far do you have to press the pedal before the Solenoid clicks?
Maybe an 1/8th of full stroke. I tested to see with the key on when the solenoid clicks, then with the key off to hear the vglide click. Not far to depress before a click.

In the VGlide Multi-Step-Potentiometer setup it is important that when the pedal micro-switch closes that the wiper arm is over the first pad with the negative wire.

If the wiper pad is still over the previous tab, you need to add a wire between the posts #2 and #3 in the VGLide to assure a 0 signal when the micro-switch closes.

This may be the case. I should be able to pop off the side of the vglide case and see where the wiper is when it clicks.
See red above
brotherhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2019, 12:22 PM   #12
brotherhay
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok, so I opened up the vglide and bridged between posts 2 and 3 as mentioned in this thread about the same type of issue. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac..._resistors.jpg

I also decided to test the resistors while I was in there, and have most likely found an issue. The resistor #31 is wide open. Reads zeros when diode tested. all the rest show increasing values until that last one in the chain. Anyone know the value of that off hand? Im pretty sure i have a replacement handy, I can never read the colors well enough. Looks like Brown, Black, Red, Gold = 1k 5% ?
Old 08-25-2019, 12:35 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yep, the last three are 1kΩ 5% resistors.

Remember to clear the auto-calibration after replacing the resistor.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:01 PM   #14
brotherhay
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Nice, I have a few of those.

Replaced it, threw it back in and still no change. What Ive got is that it doesnt jerk so extreme from the start but jumps, then drops and repeats.

But then I flashed back to the resistors, and when i was checking, the resistor at #26 did not match the next two. I suspect that one is the actual issue, but gonna check it one last time. Thankfully its not much work getting that vglide out and opened up.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:11 PM   #15
brotherhay
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So yeah, on #26 and #28 those are both 910 ohm but #27 is a 750 ohm.

I suspect that is correct, doubtful anyone has worked on this before.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:46 PM   #16
brotherhay
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So after much jacking around, testing alltrax settings, restoring defaults, still no luck.

It just throbs off of the start. If I slowly depress the pedal past that to move that wiper, sure it goes to 100% throttle at the top. Problem is it looks like the monitoring software says its also hitting 100% right away after the solenoid engages then I believe shuts itself down.

Ive also noticed the same in reverse. Cannot creep into a slow speed, it just jams to the max of whatever I have set as max reverse %.

Man I gotta get this resolved. How am I supposed to have drinks on this thing! lol.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:40 PM   #17
brotherhay
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Im already off looking at Pre-MCOR to MCOR4 conversion kits.
If the issue really is the VGlide, and it kinda feels like it, I suspect just upgrading to the MCOR4 is the most reasonable decision anyway.

Good decision or no?
Old 08-25-2019, 05:08 PM   #18
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

What are your throttle settings in the Alltrax toolkit? Sergio knows this stuff alot better than I do, but it seems to me like you still have a wire issue or a settings issue.
If the V glide is set up properly it can not jump to full 100% throttle right off the bat. That's a problem with the throttle settings in the software.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 06:18 PM   #19
brotherhay
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I listed the settings above in the quoted reply at the start of page 2.

But, check this out. This is a good representation of what Im dealing with.

When making this video I am depressing the go pedal until the solenoid clicks. After that I press it just a touch to get it to make a single move. You can see it increase on its own, then back to nothing again. All while I am holding the pedal down at the same spot.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-l...9qy55uVjyylOje
Old 08-25-2019, 11:13 PM   #20
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherhay View Post
-snip-
Good decision or no?
Very, very good decision. It is a much smoother throttle by means of its potentiometer. If you are still having an issue with the MSP (V-glide), it would be reasonable to assume there are some issues in with the contact pads or wiper arm alignment, baring an unforeseen issue. They work well when properly set.

The MCOR is the smoothest and will bring your cart up to the newest technology from CC.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car