lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2020, 06:31 PM   #1
HCDC
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Front Leaf Springs

We recently noticed that our front end was vibrating when turning. We looked underneath and noticed that the front leaf spring was cracked on the driver side (Image one). We also saw that the bushing on the passenger side was completely squished out from between the two springs (image two). (sorry if that verbiage isn't correct)

After doing a quick search, all the leaf springs I saw were for the rear and they do not look like what we have. The cart is a lifted 2018 Stretched Club Car Onward. Any guidance on where to look for these parts?

I feel like after 2 years, this is a significant break and seems premature. Am I incorrect? It's only myself, my husband and our 2 kids who are under 10 and very little. We drive on golf cart paths 99% of the time. If we aren't on the cart path, we are on one dirt road that other vehicles also drive on
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0484 (1).jpg (150.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0483.jpg (70.0 KB, 0 views)
HCDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2020, 06:57 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Front Leaf Springs

The bushing is obviously worn out for sure. And as for the cracked spring, are you sure the actual spring is cracked or is that just the powdercoating cracking off of the spring? I can tell you where to source both of these items, just wanna figure out exactly what is going on first.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 07:01 PM   #3
HCDC
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
The bushing is obviously worn out for sure. And as for the cracked spring, are you sure the actual spring is cracked or is that just the powdercoating cracking off of the spring? I can tell you where to source both of these items, just wanna figure out exactly what is going on first.
It is cracked, I can stick my finger nail in it.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:37 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Any idea what brand the lift kit is? The cheapo kits don't last long.
Also looks like someone has been chasing squeaks and creaks spraying white grease all over everything.
There are at least a dozen other bushings in that suspension that will be just as worn out by now. I'd replace that whole lift kit with a better quality kit before putting the effort into replacing the springs and all the bushings.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 07:39 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Is the cart lifted from the factory or did you install the lift kit on it?
Old 05-05-2020, 07:42 PM   #6
HCDC
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Is the cart lifted from the factory or did you install the lift kit on it?
We purchased it brand new from the dealership already lifted. We then had it stretched by the same dealership, but made no mods to the lift kit.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:44 PM   #7
HCDC
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Any idea what brand the lift kit is? The cheapo kits don't last long.
Also looks like someone has been chasing squeaks and creaks spraying white grease all over everything.
There are at least a dozen other bushings in that suspension that will be just as worn out by now. I'd replace that whole lift kit with a better quality kit before putting the effort into replacing the springs and all the bushings.
LOL!!! My husband was chasing those squeaks! The grease did the trick, we never heard the leaf spring crack! :)

The lift kit came on the cart, but I wouldn't blink twice if someone told me they used an inferior lift kit.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:15 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCDC View Post
LOL!!! My husband was chasing those squeaks! The grease did the trick, we never heard the leaf spring crack! :)

The lift kit came on the cart, but I wouldn't blink twice if someone told me they used an inferior lift kit.
You need to find out if the dealership installed the lift kit, or if it's a factory installed kit. If it's a factory installed kit, it's an All-Sports kit and it's top quality. If the dealer did it, it could be anything. Can you post some pictures of the front suspension? I can identify it for you if I have some good pictures.
Old 05-06-2020, 02:17 PM   #9
HCDC
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
You need to find out if the dealership installed the lift kit, or if it's a factory installed kit. If it's a factory installed kit, it's an All-Sports kit and it's top quality. If the dealer did it, it could be anything. Can you post some pictures of the front suspension? I can identify it for you if I have some good pictures.
I am 99% sure it is factory installed. Here are some pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0487.jpg (396.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0488.jpg (266.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0489.jpg (243.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0490.jpg (184.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0492.jpg (158.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-06-2020, 07:24 PM   #10
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Wow, that leaf has been flattened
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car