lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2020, 08:39 AM   #1
Jdk261
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 48v Precedent - Power Decline

Transplant from the Yamaha Gas sub-forum here, trying to help a neighbor of mine out.

The cart in question is a Club Car Precedent - 48v (serial number PQ0635-672499). The cart is stock, with the exception of a "speed magnet" he put on a year or 2 ago.

He's had the cart for 2-3 years and everything operated as-expected. Recently, it has lost almost all ability to drive uphill. We live in a typical "development/neighborhood" and it is mostly driven on the pavement. On flat ground it drives fine, but when going uphill it just dies on him. Our road, in particular, is at the stop of a very steep hill...which he drives on daily, multiple times a day.

Yesterday, we were driving around and he felt it getting sluggish so we pulled up to the garage and i got my multi-meter out to look at the batteries...3 of the 4 batteries read 12.7 and 1 of the batteries was at 11.3...I do not know what the battery pack read when under load.

My gut tells me it's this one battery dragging everything down...but, wanted to explain what's happening and see if there are other things I should be checking too, since I'm clearly no expert. I have seen some posts about checking solenoid activation, but I'm not sure how to do that.
Jdk261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2020, 08:41 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 48v Precedent - Power Decline

Yes, that is definitely the batteries getting weak and causing the issues.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:39 AM   #3
Jdk261
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

That's what I was thinking too. I suppose it's better to just buy one new battery and see if that solves the issue, rather than searching elsewhere and risk destroying the whole pack with continued use.
Old 10-15-2020, 03:50 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Buy one "good used" battery for now. Those batteries are getting older now and if you throw a new one in the mix you will not get the life you expect from it. Then when the time is right, buy a new set.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 08:57 AM   #5
Jdk261
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Buy one "good used" battery for now. Those batteries are getting older now and if you throw a new one in the mix you will not get the life you expect from it. Then when the time is right, buy a new set.

I'll pass that along to him. That's good advice. Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car