lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2020, 02:05 PM   #1
Witherel
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Allied Lithium - 2015 EZGO Extended

Just yesterday I was able to get the 4 x 48v 30ah Allied batteries hooked up to my 2015 EZGO extended. The cart is lifted but has the factory motor and controller. The hookup in parallel could not have been easier. I cleaned up the bay a bit and dropped the batteries in (2 blanks in middle). In addition to the batteries, I ordered the 4 gauge wires and the recommended charger. Not a cheap setup, but could not be more pleased with the early results. I’m at 120ah and I can upgrade twice more @ 30ah for a total of 180ah, but at this point, I’m pretty sure I don’t need it.

So far, I’ve done 2 test runs. It’s cold here in MB this weekend, but I went 10.1 miles yesterday right after hookup and before I charged and balanced the batteries. Using the supplied volt meter, I started at 73% of charge and ended at 44%...a drop of 29% and achieved a top speed of 24mph. Using this math, I can expect to get ~35 miles, however, since the batteries hadn’t been charged out of the box yet, not putting much stock in it.

Today I did a short run of 6.1mi and the batteries were fully charged. After, the voltmeter still read 95% and I achieved a top speed of 26 mph. So using today’s number, I can expect to get 120mi on fully charged batteries - lol. I know I won’t get this by a long shot, but based on the 2 test runs, I will likely get somewhere north of 40mi, which is far more than I had hoped for. My 2 year old lead acid batteries were clunking on me after 5mi on the last run and the best run was about 16mi a year ago. And I am seeing improved acceleration too. Clearly the lithium are stronger and last longer.

I already had the step down converter for lights and accessories, so that was an easy hookup. Still using my existing analog meter, but will be swapping it out as it always shows full with the new lithium.

So far, so good.
Witherel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allied, lithium
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO