lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2021, 08:58 AM   #1
enriched442
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV with Lithium upgrade and 12 accessories

New to the Lithium game and less experienced in the cart electronics game. So here it is...I believe it's an 07-08 RXV that I'm working with. It is the model before they went to the Curtis controller, (so I'm told). I have added an audio system with a small digital 4ch amp, (probably draws 15-30 amps depending on volume level). I have swapped out the 4 12v Led Acid batteries for the 12v 100AH Allied Lithium's with balancer. As far as wiring the 12v accessories to the system, my understanding is I cannot wire to one battery. The system will not charge "balanced"? Do I need to add in a voltage reducer to distribute the load evenly?
I am also told that the current controller and coil will have problems burning off excess voltage, for example, going downhill...this sound right and is there a more reasonable solution other than the $1,500 controller the cart place wants to sell me? Appreciate the input...
enriched442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2021, 09:13 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV with Lithium upgrade and 12 accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by enriched442 View Post
New to the Lithium game and less experienced in the cart electronics game. So here it is...I believe it's an 07-08 RXV that I'm working with. It is the model before they went to the Curtis controller, (so I'm told). I have added an audio system with a small digital 4ch amp, (probably draws 15-30 amps depending on volume level). I have swapped out the 4 12v Led Acid batteries for the 12v 100AH Allied Lithium's with balancer. As far as wiring the 12v accessories to the system, my understanding is I cannot wire to one battery. The system will not charge "balanced"? Do I need to add in a voltage reducer to distribute the load evenly?
I am also told that the current controller and coil will have problems burning off excess voltage, for example, going downhill...this sound right and is there a more reasonable solution other than the $1,500 controller the cart place wants to sell me? Appreciate the input...
Upgrade to a 1206AC-5201, 1206AC-5211, or 1206AC-5222 stock controller. You can buy a new harness for a few hundred $. Those controllers are fine for driving tires up to 20.5" in diameter. For 23" tires, you would need a 1206AC-5350 or 1206AC-5360 upgrade controller. All of those controllers can be reprogrammed for higher performance, speed, and for lithium pack voltages. The resistor coil timings can be adjusted to kick in earlier and stay on longer in order to help with overvolt issues. Some minor mods may need to be done to the resistor coil setup to allow this to be supported. I've worked with those setups before.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 12:48 PM   #3
enriched
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: RXV with Lithium upgrade and 12 accessories

Thanks Bob! You are the person I was hoping to get feedback from. As far as parts go I need the speed control and harness? (Part number if you have one) and the specific mods needed. If you are willing and able. I’m sure you are busy.
Thanks
enriched is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lithium
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO