lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2009, 12:01 PM   #21
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: "Club Car Precedents are junk"?

You know, I hate to see people bash brands, especially when there are problems with a purchased USED vehicle. Just like an automobile, there will always be a few carts that have problems. You don't know what kind of life any used vehicle has had before it is purchased second, third, fourth or fifth hand. Let's just focus on how we can FIX whatever issues we're having

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2009, 12:05 PM   #22
miferrel
Gone Crazy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
You know, I hate to see people bash brands, especially when there are problems with a purchased USED vehicle. Just like an automobile, there will always be a few carts that have problems. You don't know what kind of life any used vehicle has had before it is purchased second, third, fourth or fifth hand. Let's just focus on how we can FIX whatever issues we're having
miferrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:39 PM   #23
dougmcp
Gone Wild

I too agree.
Some people blame everyone including the manufacturer when something goes wrong and it's really their own ignorance surfacing when they can't fix or understand it. This happens in every industry with dealers, service techs as well as end users.
I prefer to understand and fix things, everything else is counterproductive.
Well... except for a little sarcasm and joking, that just can't be avoided, life's too short.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:46 PM   #24
Islandman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Sorry boys I'm not brand bashing, I have owned and operated Large machine and fab shops and carts are quite simple compared to the Military work we've done. I too believe in the understand and fix principle but there are design issues that simply can't be realistically fixed or worked around and I think people need to know about them. I'd want someone to tell me about these problems so I could make an informed decision. FYI my 05 Precedent was 1 year old from the original golf course owners and they sold all 50+ of their carts after the first year. I admit that I drive on some rough paved roads daily but I'm trying to give an objective comparison. Have a Great day!!
Islandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:01 PM   #25
Papa Graham
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I just purchased a 2006 Prescedent and was told there was a problem with the batteries going bad quickly. Something to do with the computer. I was told that the problem can easly be corrected. Might mean a trip to the dealer. I'm very happy with my cart so far.
Papa Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:42 PM   #26
driver33b
Getting Wild

Club Car

Hi guys, my 05 Precedent came off a golf course via an auction house...don't know how long it had been sitting there not being charged, so the batteries were inconsistant from day one (J and K 2006's).....I balanced them and did all the witch doctor 'tricks' and got 7mths before one battery failed so I replaced the lot.

I pulled the front end apart and refurbished the busings and turned the front spring around. Steers well...and I am very happy with it.

The electronic relay near the OBC has the 'upgraded' part # ver. 3 or whatever it is supposed to be. So that has been replaced as per the CC recall.

Nothing I have done feels out of the ordinary....I put it down to maintainence of the machine.

I only use the cart for 3 rounds of golf per week.....it looks good and so far has been easy to maintain. I love it.
driver33b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:08 AM   #27
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver33b View Post
Hi guys, my 05 Precedent came off a golf course via an auction house...don't know how long it had been sitting there not being charged, so the batteries were inconsistant from day one (J and K 2006's).....I balanced them and did all the witch doctor 'tricks' and got 7mths before one battery failed so I replaced the lot.

I pulled the front end apart and refurbished the busings and turned the front spring around. Steers well...and I am very happy with it.

The electronic relay near the OBC has the 'upgraded' part # ver. 3 or whatever it is supposed to be. So that has been replaced as per the CC recall.

Nothing I have done feels out of the ordinary....I put it down to maintainence of the machine.
I only use the cart for 3 rounds of golf per week.....it looks good and so far has been easy to maintain. I love it.

That's the key to it all right there!
Keep in mind you get out what you put in but parts will fail eventually.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:11 PM   #28
carguy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: "Club Car Precedents are junk"?

driver33b

Just out of curiosity, what does it do when you turn the front spring around?

I am asuming the spring is turned 180 degrees, left side becomes the right side and right side becomes the left?

Help out a nubee please - thanks.

Dave
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:14 PM   #29
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That would be my guess

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:33 PM   #30
Cinrock
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

No complaints here. Going on 3 years of ownership after buying it used from fleet service. Yeah, I replaced the original batteries, but can't vouch for how the originals were maintained. This cart is driven daily on the street, been to Fort Wilderness, Myrtle Beach and several other campgrounds in between. I do maintain it on a regular basis and keep everything clean, but I'd do that with any brand/model. This is the only cart I've ever owned so I have nothing to compare it to, but I consider it a good choice and would do it again in a heart beat.
Cinrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car