lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
01kenne
Not Yet Wild

Default charging question

I have a 91 36v club car thats not running yet but I was doing some reading about the charging. I see that you should keep the cart plugged in the whole time your not using it. Once mine is done Im only gonna use it at car shows and the occasional trip around the neiborhood so it would be plugged in a lot. Is that something that is gonna show a lot on the electric bill or is it kind of like plugging in something little. I have a diesel truck I plug in when its cold out and I can tell a big difference with that and thats not 24/7. I know it shouldnt use near what that does but I was just curious how much it would. Thanks
01kenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Default Re: charging question

what type (name on) of charger do U have.

On the 48 Volt Power XXX carts the charger is controlled by the OBC (On Board Computer. It comes on every 13 days and test the batteries, if a charge is needed then it charges, if not it goes back to sleep. But also on these , the pack will not charge if voltage is below 75% (it assumes battery problems). So to avoid problems it's best to keep them plugged in.
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:51 PM   #3
01kenne
Not Yet Wild

I actually dont have a charger yet thats something I need to get. I didnt realize it came on and off like that I figured it just constantly ran.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:04 AM   #4
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

One of the site sponsors here sells a great onboard charger which can be mounted on the cart. That way U don't have to wory about forgettin it or running over it !
Old 03-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #5
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

The ( stock charger ) for 36 volt carts uses a timer rather than a 48 volt OBC and Power Drive charger as far as I know? If you purchase any "automatic charger" that turns itself on and off only as needed ( NOT 1-2 LOW AMP CONTINUES TRICKLE CHARGER ) you can leave it plugged in all the time and maintain your pack. Your light bill would only show minor change as charger will be off much more than on, and circuit to check batterys is very very minor draw. You do need to check distilled water levels at least twice a month for safety sake.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #6
01kenne
Not Yet Wild

ok thanks for your help guys thats exactly what I was looking for
Old 03-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #7
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

here is a link to the info on PowerDrive and AccuPower chargers.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...r-chargers.pdf
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car