lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2015, 05:17 PM   #1
shaff33
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ Go No Spark

All,

I have a 1986 EZ go gas powered golf cart that was running great.. until 2 weekends ago. I was told by a neighbor to replace the ignitor, solenoid and spark plug. I did that... but it still doesn't run. I should mention that the owner before me bypassed the switch under the floor mat, meaning that when I turn the key the engine sounds like it is on, even when i do NOT step on the gas. With that being said, when I step on the gas and pull the choke, the engine doesn't run... I can hear the starter spinning the engine, but I do not get a spark. The spark plug smells like gas, but I cannot figure out why I am not getting a spark...

The only other thing my neighbor said it "maybe you have a ground wire that is loose". I have been able to get a backfire but that is it...

Any and all help would be GREAT appreciated!!

Adam
shaff33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 05:27 PM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ Go No Spark

Pull the spark plug out. Connect the plug wire, and hold it against the engine while cranking it over. Let's be sure that you are not getting spark.
cart around is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:13 AM   #3
shaff33
Not Yet Wild

Yes I did try that and there is no spark....

Keep throwing options for me to check!!
shaff33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:59 AM   #4
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

The ignitor was a very expensive part to just shotgun into it. I think i would have started with the coil, and plug wire.

Sections L, and R of this manual will give troubleshooting steps and a good wiring diagram.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 85-EZGO(2) (1).pdf (6.71 MB, 0 views)
cart around is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO