lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2015, 03:17 PM   #1
eagleback
Not Yet Wild

Default 99 CC only goes 12mph

Hello, All

I have a friend that bought a 99 club car that only goes 10 MPH then he put on bigger tires and now only goes around 12. my old 02 club car had been clocked at 21 MPH. this cart is not a regen cart and my question is. Is it capable of faster speed? is it a broken wire or a bad micro switch? or is it just the motor. my old 02 cart was also a non regen and as with his cart cant be programmed. I just was thinking it might be a bad connection or the maybe cart was slowed down on purpose due to the fact he bought it from a golf cart community and had to keep the speed from exceeding 10MPH. Any help here would be awesome and thank you in advance and also hello i am a newbie from Naples Florida. Owner of a 2012 excell precedent and old owner of a 02 non regen cc because it was stolen.

Have a great day
eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2015, 03:26 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 99 CC only goes 12mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleback View Post
Hello, All

I have a friend that bought a 99 club car that only goes 10 MPH then he put on bigger tires and now only goes around 12. my old 02 club car had been clocked at 21 MPH. this cart is not a regen cart and my question is. Is it capable of faster speed? is it a broken wire or a bad micro switch? or is it just the motor. my old 02 cart was also a non regen and as with his cart cant be programmed. I just was thinking it might be a bad connection or the maybe cart was slowed down on purpose due to the fact he bought it from a golf cart community and had to keep the speed from exceeding 10MPH. Any help here would be awesome and thank you in advance and also hello i am a newbie from Naples Florida. Owner of a 2012 excell precedent and old owner of a 02 non regen cc because it was stolen.

Have a great day

IN 99 CC made 36 and 48v carts. They had 2 different drive systems.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 05:54 PM   #3
Yamahaman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It could be your buddy has a 36V golf cart
Yamahaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 06:12 AM   #4
eagleback
Not Yet Wild

The cart has a 48 volt system. sorry forgot to add that.
eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 09:06 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The cart is designed to go 12-14 mph. The golf courses do not want faster carts. Make sure the cart rolls easily by pushing it with one hand on flat ground. The bearings or brakes may be dragging. The 16 yr old motor may be worn or weak batteries can diminish performance.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 09:40 AM   #6
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The cart is designed to go 12-14 mph. The golf courses do not want faster carts. Make sure the cart rolls easily by pushing it with one hand on flat ground. The bearings or brakes may be dragging. The 16 yr old motor may be worn or weak batteries can diminish performance.
Even under inflated tires will slow you down....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car