lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2016, 11:03 AM   #21
handyman7653
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Alltrax NEW switch on the fly XCT and SR controls

I have a question.... If one did not care about changing the amount of Regen "On The Fly" but still be able to select 3 different profiles "On The Fly" would not a $10 heavy duty DPST switch wired in as shown in the attached Alltrax illustration basically do the same thing as the $150 FNKS
Attached Files
File Type: pdf alltrax1.pdf (221.8 KB, 0 views)
handyman7653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2016, 11:26 AM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Actually it is just a light duty SPDT (center OFF) switch.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:34 PM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman7653 View Post
I have a question.... If one did not care about changing the amount of Regen "On The Fly" but still be able to select 3 different profiles "On The Fly" would not a $10 heavy duty DPST switch wired in as shown in the attached Alltrax illustration basically do the same thing as the $150 FNKS
Not the same. It could replicate part of the function. When you give it a try let us know how it works in a new thread.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:48 PM   #24
handyman7653
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Not the same. It could replicate part of the function. When you give it a try let us know how it works in a new thread.
Going to give it a try in the next month when I am able to get back to our place at the beach... Will let everyone know if it works. Thanks to Sergio for correcting my electronic abilities. It would be definitely a SPDT On/Off/On switch
handyman7653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:40 PM   #25
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Interesting stuff, subscribed...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:57 PM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Installed the FNKS and went for an initial test run, I can sure feel the different modes but I need to tweak them. My high speed run netted 23.9 mph.

I set up a high torque mode for the big hill and a speed for the flats. Different regen range for each. There is a lot you can do with this, it's going to take some more experimenting.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:57 PM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Tested the FNKS last night. User 1 and 2 worked as programmed. Seems you can switch on the fly. I had one in turf mode and one in street mode (more aggressive) but my normal mode was not working? So I just had the 2 modes and of course preset ranges for the regen which you can dial up and down on while driving.

Right now I'm waiting for it to cool off. 106º today.
I have the control unit lying on the seat - I jacked the Precedent up and see the control cable can be run to the dash area but for me... the kick panel is better location. somewhere near the F&R is easier to reach when driving than the dash for those 'on the fly' changes

more later
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car