lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2016, 01:55 PM   #11
Scud
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car DS V GLIDE REPLACEMENT?

Update: the linkage was very corroded and broke off. I'll be checking the spiders for parts. The solinoid is looking pretty aged as well. Found a brake cable that's nearly severed as well.

Anyone have an opinion as to whether I should get a new v glide , wiper, etc. From the looks of what you see above will I gain anything?. May convert to solid state if I keep this cart but probably not this year. I appreciate your wisdom in these matters. Thanks.
Scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2016, 02:05 PM   #12
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Call Revolution Golf Cars (sponsor) . Have David (TahoeDawg) look at this thread. He will do right by you.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:58 PM   #13
Scud
Not Yet Wild

Good news - I know what the issue is. Bad news: the linkages was corroded and broke off when I was adjusting it. I'll be checking the sponsors for parts.

Any comments on whether I should replace that v glide, arm, contractor, etc.? Can anyone tell by the looks as to if it is costing me power? Been looking at the solid state conversion but likely not this year. How about solinoid - how often should change those? wait till failure? Thanks for all the guidance.
Old 07-19-2016, 03:05 PM   #14
Scud
Not Yet Wild

image.jpg. What your looking at is the bottom of the go pedal where the linkage attaches (under cart). The ball broke off right above that nut fitting. Havering a heck of a time getting that nut/bolt out. I presume it's threaded into the go pedal - can anyone confirm? Any tricks - besides liquid wrench and elbow grease - because that's what I've been using.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:07 PM   #15
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

I haven't done it but I'd try soaking it over night and using channel-locks to rotate the flat bar counter clockwise. It looks like a through hole (not threaded) in it and if you can get it to spin you've won half the battle.

Here's an exploded diagram of what you're fighting-

http://www.golfcartpartsdirect.com/Category/82

Old 07-19-2016, 09:58 PM   #16
Scud
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone on here sell a linkage kit? The ball studs and joints that I find online say for 1992 and up. Does anyone know if the 1992 stud will fit an '89 cart? They don't show specs, looks like a 1/4" bolt. If not, any work around? I also discovered I need a brake cable, the drivers side is badly severed but I think still working.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:04 PM   #17
Scud
Not Yet Wild

Also, looking at the v glide pics above, would you recommend replacing? It's certainly, not smooth. Since I bought this cart old, I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make.

I see conversion kits - which I may do someday - any "tune up" kits available on here for a 1989 club Car DS electric. Just replacing the old stuff with like-in-kind before it fails. Or, do I need to put together my own package?
Old 07-19-2016, 10:12 PM   #18
Scud
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
I haven't done it but I'd try soaking it over night and using channel-locks to rotate the flat bar counter clockwise. It looks like a through hole (not threaded) in it and if you can get it to spin you've won half the battle.

Here's an exploded diagram of what you're fighting-

http://www.golfcartpartsdirect.com/Category/82

Thanks! For some reason this post just showed up. I thought my post failed. I did get it you as you suggest. Put vice grips on the flat metal and rotated. Now to find a new ball stud and joint
Old 07-19-2016, 10:18 PM   #19
Scud
Not Yet Wild

Great link just what I was looking for! Thanks!
Old 07-19-2016, 11:28 PM   #20
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

It's almost impossible to say from photos how much needs to be replaced.

1) From the photo it looks like the top stationary pad is seated deeper that the rest. Check with a small straight edge the alignment of all pad faces in relation to each other. It's redneck, but the depth can be improved with a washer on the mounting stud behind the pad.

2) There is an adjustment screw on the swing arm to adjust the toe-in toe-out of the swing arm pad. It's #15 on the link I'm adding below.

3) On my '93 there is a score mark or small groove on top of my swing arm pad. When the pad is worn down to the score mark, it's time to replace the pad.

4) I had trouble getting the toe-in and toe-out set right because the pivot rod that the arm was mounted to had too much lateral play in the V-glide body. To take up the play I used a couple of washers between parts #7 and #9 of the drawing in the link below.

5) I don't know about repair kits. That's a question best answered by David. He will know best about how repairable your V-glide is and how available parts are for you.

Exploded parts diagram- http://golfcartpartsdirect.com/Category/36

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car