lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2017, 12:33 AM   #1
wheelnsniper
Getting Wild

Default Temp prob on motor

need to pick yalls brains. I have burned up a motor doing more than what it is meant. I have ordered a new high torque from PQ. And let me say Robby is an unbelievable individual. I can't speak highly enough of him and what he has done for me. My new motor should be shipping out this week and I want to protect it and put a temp prob on it. I ordered this guy

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01CN..._st_dp_summary

I know **** well I'm not going to drill a hole and put it in. So how do I attach it? Current ideas. Don't laugh. This is what I need help on. Wrap electrical tape around motor and it? Big heavy zip tie? I am a gun smithing and have tons of devcon on hand which is JB weld on steroids and thought about glueing it to the side with that?

Also if you haven't delt with Scotty at carts unlimited. You should. He is the man. I'm sure he is tired of my emails but he is a wealth of knowledge. And I just got 2ga cables from him and they are immaculate. He lead me to one of these meters.

So give me some ideas!!

Thanks again

Wheels
wheelnsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2017, 01:21 AM   #2
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Temp prob on motor

If the meter has a replaceable probe, get one with a ring terminal of the same specification. Scotty (I think) made his own by soldering the probe to an electrical ring but that could damage the probe. You could try it and then test it in boiling water to see if it still works. Ask Robby where he recommends mounting. Anywhere outside is a compromise but it will give you good reference.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:25 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Temp prob on motor

I have soldered 2 different ring terminals on 2 different probes and both survived (by soldering quick and dipping in water) and both meters work when
compared to handheld infrared sensor.
A motor builder suggested I attach to the motor winding shoe bolt, which I have done.
I have spent hours scouring the net for the ideal temp gauge and I have bought 5-6 various units and mounted these for testing.
Currently I am inquiring with a manufacture to build us something.

more reading on the subject here > http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...p-exist-5.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg temp sensor.jpg (31.1 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO