lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2017, 12:23 PM   #1
MoparChas
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 2000 EZGO TXT Villager

I saw a 2000 ezgo txt villager on craigslist I can buy it for 450.00 needs batteries , a couple tires has battery charger from the pictures it looks like not too bad of shape has rear seat and lights
don't no if it is a resistor cart I no its 36 volt
is it worth it to put a little money in it or not
thanks for the help Charlie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1034.jpg (430.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1035.jpg (377.0 KB, 0 views)
MoparChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2017, 01:01 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 EZGO TXT Villager

I have that cart. See my signature. It's not a villager but a shuttle. Means it's a factory built 4 passenger cart. Rear seat is the same as the front just turned around and is hinged on the back so you can flip it over to reveal an enclosed bag well. Models of this era had an upgraded controller (24-36v 400 amp Curtis), better solenoid and a slightly hotter than stock motor. Also factory lights including brake lights on some of them.
The rear step bumper is part of the frame and strong. The one in the picture looks rusted. Not common. This could be a flood cart or maybe long time sea shore duty. Suggest you check out the frame thoroughly if you are considering purchase.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:54 PM   #3
MoparChas
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
I have that cart. See my signature. It's not a villager but a shuttle. Means it's a factory built 4 passenger cart. Rear seat is the same as the front just turned around and is hinged on the back so you can flip it over to reveal an enclosed bag well. Models of this era had an upgraded controller (24-36v 400 amp Curtis), better solenoid and a slightly hotter than stock motor. Also factory lights including brake lights on some of them.
The rear step bumper is part of the frame and strong. The one in the picture looks rusted. Not common. This could be a flood cart or maybe long time sea shore duty. Suggest you check out the frame thoroughly if you are considering purchase.
thanks for the reply
I will check it out
Old 06-22-2017, 02:56 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I had a neighbor that routinely backed the passengers into my lake, to get their pants and shoes wet. If this was salt-water, I'm sure it would look like the pic.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 03:27 PM   #5
xxcfdrr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

This cart probably has the 400A Curtis controller and high speed motor already. I just refurbished one just like this and upgraded to 48v at the same time. Little FYI - The factory 24-36v 400A Curtis controller works great on 48V. Off road, towing, pulling a trailer, it barely gets warm with an abusive driver. The high speed motor is a free upgrade. Also, that cart should already have the HD springs, giving it much better handling. If that cart was in my area for $450, it would be in my garage right now getting the 'treatment'.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6069.jpg (268.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6059.jpg (176.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6054.jpg (115.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6835.jpg (48.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6067.jpg (178.3 KB, 0 views)
xxcfdrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:48 PM   #6
marianol
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I got the same one but older 1998.
Mine is stock 36v series but with a 5in lift and 20 in tires.
Is not fast but sure can take the load. I have hauled 4 adults a kid and a dog around the neighborhood and the thing barely gets warm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
marianol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:28 PM   #7
MoparChas
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxcfdrr View Post
This cart probably has the 400A Curtis controller and high speed motor already. I just refurbished one just like this and upgraded to 48v at the same time. Little FYI - The factory 24-36v 400A Curtis controller works great on 48V. Off road, towing, pulling a trailer, it barely gets warm with an abusive driver. The high speed motor is a free upgrade. Also, that cart should already have the HD springs, giving it much better handling. If that cart was in my area for $450, it would be in my garage right now getting the 'treatment'.
I went and bought it got it for $425 the frame looks ok
has light's horn and brake lights
going to need batteries and I will redo the seat covers and some tires
Old 06-23-2017, 04:10 PM   #8
xxcfdrr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Curious to know if you ended up with the 400A controller and high speed motor.

If the battery trays are wasted you can buy a real nice aluminum drop in replacement from one of the buggy suppliers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5982.jpg (180.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5981.jpg (256.3 KB, 0 views)
xxcfdrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 05:01 PM   #9
MoparChas
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Curious to know if you ended up with the 400A controller and high speed motor.

If the battery trays are wasted you can buy a real nice aluminum drop in replacement from one of the buggy suppliers.
first chance I get I will check the motor and controller and let you no
the battery area doesn't look bad
Old 06-23-2017, 09:02 PM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I always wanted a battery area tray like you have in the second pic. I need to "test drive" one before buying, as I have 8 T-105s and an aux 12 volt battery, so gotta make sure it fits. I used to use my son's old iPod, but like a laptop for vids and have an aux stereo wire.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO