lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2017, 05:28 PM   #21
runninrebel
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: ALLTRAX XCT500 and D&D 170-502-0001

OK....I ran another test with sensor connected. Attached is the monitor file. I checked the enable speed limit box, and set speed limit RPM to 6000. Set max reverse motor speed to 100%. Turbo box is checked, and drive style is set to street. The first recording is pedal to the floor going up hill. The second is pedal to the floor going downhill. I never saw the motor RPMs get anywhere close to 6000. Is it supposed to?

It does feel better than before with sensor attached. Although, I'm still expecting more from this motor/controller setup. It looks like the battery pack voltage and motor voltage are the same now, since I attached the sensor cable.

Something odd. Putting in reverse and mashing pedal to the floor, it squealed the tires, twice. It didn't do that going forward. Is it because I have the throttle rate set at 37%?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Monitor 2.zip (2.6 KB, 0 views)
runninrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2017, 10:00 PM   #22
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

The second run looks like you are in regen starting at about 3000RPM or close to 50% of your max. This is really weird. Have you tried checking 4 pole sensor instead of 8?
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:32 AM   #23
runninrebel
Not Yet Wild

Gregorio,
I haven't tried 4-pole. It's been in 8-pole the whole time. I'm not even sure what that function does. What's the difference? The book just says that 8-pole is the most common. Attached is the speed senor I have.

Johnnie B, you mentioned in a previous post to try clearing "auto-throttle" when I got the sensor attached. I don't see an "auto-throttle", are you talking about the "clear auto-cal" function under the controller tab?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KIT-SENSOR-CBL-PDS-2.jpg (50.5 KB, 0 views)
runninrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:38 AM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This motor has an 8 pole magnet as do about 90% of the cart motors.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:46 AM   #25
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
This motor has an 8 pole magnet as do about 90% of the cart motors.
I realize most motors are 8 but it is really strange that the controller is starting regen at roughly half the speed limit.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:02 AM   #26
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Make sure You did hit "Set" to save the settings after checking the "Enable Speed Limit".
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:35 AM   #27
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by runninrebel View Post
1. OK....I ran another test with sensor connected. Attached is the monitor file.

2. I checked the enable speed limit box, and set speed limit RPM to 6000. Set max reverse motor speed to 100%. Turbo box is checked, and drive style is set to street.

3. The first recording is pedal to the floor going up hill. The second is pedal to the floor going downhill. I never saw the motor RPMs get anywhere close to 6000. Is it supposed to?

4. It does feel better than before with sensor attached. Although, I'm still expecting more from this motor/controller setup. It looks like the battery pack voltage and motor voltage are the same now, since I attached the sensor cable.

5. Something odd. Putting in reverse and mashing pedal to the floor, it squealed the tires, twice. It didn't do that going forward.

6. Is it because I have the throttle rate set at 37%?
1. Unless you've edited the .csv file, you started logging data after the pedal was pushed on both segments and stopped before the pedal was released on the first segment and about half a second after pedal was released on second segment. When I record a data log, I start recording before I turn the key on, select a direction or push the pedal. I then record data throughout the entire test run and at the end of the run I release pedal, put F/R in Neutral and turn off key before stopping/saving the recording.

To mark different segments of a test run, such as climbing or descending the hill I use for testing or the stretch of level road I use to check top speed, I stop and use the F/R switch and/or key switch to mark the beginning and end of the segment.

2. I'd set the max RPM at 6500.

3. At this point in time it would be better to find a stretch of level road for testing. Going uphill and downhill adds variables and unknowns to the results.

4. You are getting 100% duty cycle at the controller output now, but you ought to have a lot more torque than with the stock motor with a bit less top speed on level ground. The motor's specs on the D&D site indicates it has 40% more torque, but I'm not sure if the speed is same or 12.5% less.

5. Rear wheel drive vehicles spin their tires easier in reverse due to weight transfer. Also, bidirectional DC motors tend to have a bit more torque in one direction or the other and whether CW or CCW rotation is stronger depends on which brand cart the motor was originally designed for. IE: the motor is an EZGO is mounted on the driver side while the motor in a CC is on the passenger side, so the direction the motor spins for forward is opposite.

6. The throttle rate setting only governs how quickly the controller responds to a change in the position of the throttle pedal. You can probably get it to spin in forward as well as reverse by setting to to a higher number, but it will be harder to maneuver in tight places.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:38 AM   #28
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by runninrebel View Post
Johnnie B, you mentioned in a previous post to try clearing "auto-throttle" when I got the sensor attached. I don't see an "auto-throttle", are you talking about the "clear auto-cal" function under the controller tab?
Yes, the Clear auto-cal. But, it looks like you are getting 100% duty cycle from the controller at 100% throttle.

Wouldn't hurt to clear it and let it relearn the ITS voltage range.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:22 PM   #29
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

JohnnieB & ScottyB: Check me out on this reply. I copied a picture from runninrebel's first post. Then I took a picture of an SW180 solenoid that came from Scotty B. Note the location of the Positive terminals in the two pictures of the solenoid I posted, then compare that to the runninrebel picture and polarity there. This solenoid has a polarity marked and you can see it clearly in my closeups. (IF) the large red cable at the solenoid is from the Pack Pos, then it looks like the diode is reversed along with the red from Pin 5 on controller. I'm not sure any of this polarity business would cause the issue he is having, but you are the wizard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Runninrebel Controller.jpg (367.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SW180 Solenoid Front.jpg (327.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SW180 Solenoid Top.jpg (255.3 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf XCT-EZGO-PDS-wire-dia.pdf (120.8 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:37 PM   #30
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That's not my solenoid and not my diode so I have no dog in this race. But I notice there is no + and - marked on that solenoid so I'm thinking it does not have Magnetic breakout feature or a least it is not a polarity sensitive coil, like the MZJ400. I do see he has the yellow wire on the same terminal as the diode + end and that is correct.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO