lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2017, 09:46 AM   #1
Jordan54
Not Yet Wild

Default 1986 Golf cart is slow.

Hello everyone I am a new owner to 1986 club car 36 volt cart. I bought this cart not knowing a whole lot about carts, but with the idea that I would learn as I go with it. I have some questions I am hoping you guys can help with. One can I lift this cart and add wheels? Do I need to upgrade it first? Second it seems to be very slow and I have checked the solenoids and they all seem to be working. The batteries are older and I think may need to be replaced, but I don't want to buy any if you guys think I need to upgrade it to 48 volt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jordan54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2017, 09:53 AM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1986 Golf cart is slow.

to BGW

These carts were only made to go 10-12 mph on level ground. How does your speed compare?

Do you know the age of your batteries? They could be limiting your speed.

It can be lifted, but a conversion to solid state and 48v is highly recommended. Scottyb at Carts Unlimited here on the forum sells complete conversion kits for that cart.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:06 AM   #3
Jordan54
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1986 Golf cart is slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
to BGW

These carts were only made to go 10-12 mph on level ground. How does your speed compare?

Do you know the age of your batteries? They could be limiting your speed.

It can be lifted, but a conversion to solid state and 48v is highly recommended. Scottyb at Carts Unlimited here on the forum sells complete conversion kits for that cart.

The speed is good going down hill, but up hill is very slow. 1mph is about it. Ok I'll look at the conversion kit. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jordan54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car