lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2017, 07:27 PM   #1
millersouth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Ez Go stopping while riding.

I have a 1999 EZGO with a tow and run switch. New batteries. I can ride it about a mile and it will just lose all power and will not move. I can tap on the black cover for the controllercontroller and it will run again for a little bit but it still fills like it is losing power. Could the Tow and run switch be bad or going bad if so is there a way to test the switch? Got it on Jack stands and running it and same thing it stops running. I tap the cover which I have now and it runs.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
millersouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2017, 08:26 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez Go stopping while riding.

I have an EZGO with the run-tow switch and it caused me issues once after washing the cart. But once it made connection again it was fine. What is the voltage that your batteries are reading when it stops?

If the batteries drain down too low, the cart will stop. If it sits a while the batteries will regain some voltage, maybe that's it???

Does the cart jerk several times before it just stops or does it feel like it's diminishing then stops suddenly? Is it a stock controller or has it been modified?
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:18 PM   #3
millersouth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez Go stopping while riding.

It is stock. When it stops it has a good voltage. 37-39 volts. Battieres are brand new and I keep it charged. Since I have messed with the Tow switch a little i can not get it to stop running but I'm sure it will do it when I far from home. Gonna get out and ride it somemore tomorroe and see if it does it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
millersouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO