lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #31
BigDaddyRog
Not Yet Wild

Location: Mandeville, LA...bout 30 miles north of New Orleans
Default Re: Bad Charger, or bad OBC?

WOW...this thread is OLD!!!! :)
BigDaddyRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2010, 09:24 AM   #32
timbo2
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyRog View Post
No reason to jack the rear wheels up if the batteries arent connected.....but, yes...that method DOES work for resetting the obc. If you listen VERY closely, you should even hear the quietest click at the 30 second mark.
i repair these things every day and the FIRST thing you do is raise the rear wheels, you never know who else is been working/messing with it. when you have one run over you or run though the wall in the shop you will see the point in this.
timbo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #33
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

OK sorry I didn't see this thread sooner... Diagnosing an OBC is simple. First, determine what color it is.. Look at the front of the computer, the side facing toward the front of the car, not the side with the 6 pin pigtail coming out of it.. Is it a cream colored OBC? or is it a 2006+ OBC with a grey plastic casing and a pink tag? Both OBCs will turn the charger on within 2-10 seconds. The cream colored OBC will turn the charger off again in another 2-10 seconds, then back on and attempt to finish the charge cycle. The grey computer will not turn the charger off again until a few minutes into the charge cycle (depending on which version, most grey DS computers are V2.06, you'll find it on the pink tag) In either case, no matter what computer you have, it's absolutely crucial to make sure that the charger does NOT turn on IMMEDIATELY when the plug is inserted into the car. That's a sure sign that the computer is stuck in the on position and will NEVER turn the charger off. OBC is definitely bad if this is the case. The most common problem is battery voltage... Low battery voltage will keep a charger from turning off. Here's what you do. Plug the charger in, make sure it does exactly what I stated above... Wait until the ammeter on the charger is on 5 or below, and check the battery voltage across the entire pack with a digital voltmeter. If it's anything below 58.3 volts it will NOT turn the charger off. If this is the case.. check the On-Charge voltage of every battery in the pack, and see which one is causing the problem. Let me know. Hope this helps.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:17 AM   #34
leroy1
Not Yet Wild

do i have a bad battery if my charger will not come on.batterys new charger ok But my grandson put the key in the charger hole. fireworks. now will not take a charge. cart runs but.
leroy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:22 AM   #35
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroy1 View Post
do i have a bad battery if my charger will not come on.batterys new charger ok But my grandson put the key in the charger hole. fireworks. now will not take a charge. cart runs but.
Start a new thread for your problem . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car