lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2012, 04:36 PM   #11
flyguy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: No Serial Number

I called Club Car and the person that answered the phone was able to direct me to the 1991 owners manual. By the number that I gave him he ID'ed it as a 1991 model. All's well that ends well and thanks to all for the replies and the help.
flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #12
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
I called Club Car and the person that answered the phone was able to direct me to the 1991 owners manual. By the number that I gave him he ID'ed it as a 1991 model. All's well that ends well and thanks to all for the replies and the help.
. . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #13
2a27t
Not Yet Wild

Harley Davidson

We had to do the same for insurance.Know where you were coming from. All works out. :D
2a27t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #14
flyguy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I turned my attention next to the battery charger. It's a Lestronic II. When I plug it in I can hear the transformer humming but it has no output. I checked the fuse and it's ok. Next I checked the output diodes and they checked ok. I noticed that the transformer secondary was charred black and the winding may be open. It's not worth replacing it so I just looked for the best price I could find for a new charger and found one for about the same cost as the replacement transformer, no brainer here. The new charger is a Schuaer JAC2036H 20 Amp and it only weighs 13lbs, all solid state and does a great job. Cost was $265 with free shipping. I'm happy.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:19 AM   #15
flyguy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I'm shifting my attention now to the batteries. They are Trojan T-605's. The stamp on the negative terminal post says "B9" so I assume that that means B=February and "9 may = either 1999 or 2009". I'm guessing 2009 though, seems like 1999 would be too old for them to even be functional and they would have been changed out. 2009 would mean the batteries are 3 years old and they should be in better condition. Couldn't get them up to float with the new charger so I did the Epsom salt thing and I'm continuing to charge them, can't hurt because if that don't work the batteries will need replacing anyway.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car