lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2012, 07:46 AM   #1
Hondu
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 03 Club Car

Problem started with loose - battery cable. Corrected and now cart will not move. The contactor is not getting voltage to the coil side, tested coil and it does work. Tested forward and reverse switch and it's good, jumped the switch and nothing happens. Batteries are good and charging properly. The potentiometer may be ther problem, but i don't know how to test it.
Not sure what to do next?
Hondu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 03 Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondu View Post
Problem started with loose - battery cable. Corrected and now cart will not move. The contactor is not getting voltage to the coil side, tested coil and it does work. Tested forward and reverse switch and it's good, jumped the switch and nothing happens. Batteries are good and charging properly. The potentiometer may be ther problem, but i don't know how to test it.
Not sure what to do next?
What is the coil side? The activation circuit? see diagram for solenoid activation circuit

Jumped which switch ~ how? with what?

Test a potentiometer with an ohms meter. You never said if this was a 36 or 48v cart. Your ohms reading should be 5k-0
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resistor & Diode instruction01.jpg (188.0 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:50 AM   #3
Hondu
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Cart is 48 volt. You have the contact side and a coil side. There is voltage at the battery terminal side (switch) I'm not getting any voltage at the coil to activate the contactor. I jumped the forward/reverse switch.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:00 AM   #4
Hondu
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I will unplug the pot and see what ohms its reading.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #5
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondu View Post
I will unplug the pot and see what ohms its reading.
You can also test the MCOR as follows. With the batteries disconnected unplug the 16 pin plug to the controller and place the red probe of a multimeter (set to 20k ohms) on plug pin 2 (with the yellow wire attached) and the black probe on pin 3 (with the purple/white wire attached) the reading should be +-1k ohm with the pedal at rest. As you press the pedal the reading should go to between 5.67k and 7.43k ohms. The wiring diagram attached from a 2004/5 model (shud be the same as yours). The microswitch in the MCOR can be tested (looking at the wiring) by connecting pin 10 (tan wire) and pin 6 (green wire) to a multimeter set to 200 ohms. There shud be no continuity with the pedal at rest and continuity when depressed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC 2004-5.jpg (148.6 KB, 0 views)
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
potentiometer, selonoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car