lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
Ronniek
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Another Problem HELP!

My 1st message this morning: (This was last week)

[98 Club Car 48 volts. Charger comes on & charges fine up to halfway on the needle. Then the needle stops moving but it continue to charge. I left it running over night & when checking I could hear the batteries bubbling & it was only showing halfway after charging all night. Checking across the batteries (1st to last + & -) it showed 54v. Do I have a bad charger or what?]

New Problem: (Today)

WOW, went to move cart, pressed pedal & it lunged about 6" & quit. It had done something similar a few times but would always continue to go. (Pedal has always had a little jerk to it). This time nothing but clicking from solenoid in F & R. Low battery light would blink when pressing pedal. Then after a few presses now nothing! Plugged charger in & it clicks but the needle never goes anywhere. You can feel the charger & tell it's on but no charge on the needle. Even the headlights don't work & I think their on a direct wire to a battery (fuse is good). Meter on each battery shows 8.2 - 8.5 (48v) 1998 club car. Overall had a 48.2 (I checked this using the POS from motor & NEG from motor on the 2 batteries.)

HELP! Please!
Ronnie
Ronniek is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
Dav1774
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Another Problem HELP!

I think the OBC controls the charger, I would start there
Dav1774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
Ronniek
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Had a friend come over to help figure out what is going on. Went thru the steps to reset the OBC, didn't help. He was looking & guess what he found....... A battery cable was hanging on by just a couple of wire strands! Went & got a spare cable from him & Ta-Da!!! All is right.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronniek View Post
Had a friend come over to help figure out what is going on. Went thru the steps to reset the OBC, didn't help. He was looking & guess what he found....... A battery cable was hanging on by just a couple of wire strands! Went & got a spare cable from him & Ta-Da!!! All is right.
I think that I would look into the purchase of a whole new set of battery cables.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #5
Ronniek
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Gonna order a set tomorrow!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car