lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
macrain13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Solenoid Sticking Open

I just got my new DCX400 and 200/800 Solenoid from ScottyB and got it installed. Cart runs great, but seems like the solenoid is sticking open at times. This may be normal with a new solenoid, but I wanted to check and make sure I do not have something incorrectly hooked up... Cart is a 99 DCS, 36v.

When I get on the cart, turn the switch, controller turns on and lights blink for ITS then goes solid like it suppose to. Then I press pedal and solenod clicks and it runs fine. If I let off the pedal then press it again in a few seconds it just starts rolling. I never hear the solenoid click again. If it sits a while, like 10 minutes or so, the solenoid will click with pedal being pressed.

I have tested the floor micro with a multimeter and it seems fine. I am getting full battery power to both big posts of the solenoid all the time. Even with key and run/tow off.

Maybe I have connected something wrong, maybe it is acting as is should... Just thought I would ask the pro's to make sure.

ScottyB thanks again for the your service.
macrain13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
redfro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Solenoid Sticking Open

Mine was doing that, and moving to the big brown top solenoid solved the problem. FYI- be careful not to over tighten the small terminals on it......don't ask how I know.
redfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
macrain13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Solenoid Sticking Open

Thanks Redfro.
macrain13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO