lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2013, 05:55 AM   #11
russb442
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Starting new build

Lets see Im trying to decided which one I should install. The plum quick is a ES-85 D and D motor, In it's prior life it was rated at 12- 15 hp. Who knows what it's at now plumb quick promised 25% increase in speed And torque. I was running 21-22 mph before so I should see 27? Good thing I got new brakes!!! image.jpg
russb442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #12
Z71mtr
Gone Wild

Let's see a pic of that bumper before and after!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Z71mtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #13
russb442
Gone Wild
Club Car

Well didn't get much done to day besides tearing up my yard. After motor was installed I already had factory tires on rear when I did rear end work so I decided to take for test spin. Boy let me tell you it's fun as hell to drift on a golf car with poss traction.

Sorry no before pics of bumper but here it is sanded primed and painted with bed line can spray. image.jpg

Oh and my wife said our yard looks like as golf cart junk yard. Any one need a frame for a DS there all the same. Plus I gotta two OBC one mcor, newer style wiring harness front end parts ect. If not gonna start my own spare part shelf.

Ps it only did 20.2 mph with factory rear tires. I imagine with 25's I should pick up a few.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #14
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

LoL I want to see video of yoiu drifting on the factory tires.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #15
Z71mtr
Gone Wild

I want to see a video too!!!!!

Old 11-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #16
Z71mtr
Gone Wild

The bumper looks good!

Old 11-06-2013, 08:00 AM   #17
russb442
Gone Wild
Club Car

Well I put the big tires on back pulled out trusty iPhone GPS and got out on road in front of my house. 25.5 mph. The pack if fully charged I was little disappointed. But I was say this 25 mph on golf card ain't to bad. It seems to be going closer to 30. But any way about to start of scottyb f/r conversion so I will do any away with Handle. I will definitely wire a half throttle toga switch and hide in some place the kids can't find it. To them if the pedal not to the floor it's not fun!?

When I get plastic back witch starting to look like next week I will post a few picks
Old 11-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #18
russb442
Gone Wild
Club Car

I ran into problems installing the contactor F/R I coudnt make heads of tails of the factory wiring. So around two oclock I came inside to call Scottyb, needless to say I fell asleep on recliner. Another day wasted, but at least I got half of the F/R started.

What I did discover after looking at scottyb wring digram and the factory ( big wire) diagram I had about 4-5 wires in wrong place. I have know idea how this happen. Everynthing work fine berfore. I had wires coming off controller in wrong place going motor that should have been going to F/r. And vise versa. Who knows maybe it will, pick up 5 mph now it wired correct.

Russ
Old 11-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #19
russb442
Gone Wild
Club Car

With the help of Tahoe dawg and Scotty b I got it all worked and installed looks and fun's great. Those to guy stop what they was doing this morning to help me out and work through my problems. Thanks guys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (71.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #20
russb442
Gone Wild
Club Car

image.jpg

Now I will attempt to recover my seats in black. It just seems harder than it sounds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car