lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default A biggest thank you to all that advised me on fixing buddies cart

as a refresher- My radio partner asked me to help with his bad boy buggy/ezgo.

He was in south central Missouri in the Ozark Mountains and his buggy broke- he could hear it turning the motor, but it wouldn't go.
You all advised us what to look for and you were right stripped axle and stripped drivers side hub.

I gave him the suggested parts list only he ordered both brake drums- all the breaks, new axle and new bearing- My son put everything together last Friday and I finished changing the charging receptacle to a crows foot- had charged the batteries as you all suggested- breaking them down into 4 12 volt groups and got a good charge going and then switched to the 48 volt charger.

With the suggestions of a cart shop the man sold and gave some of the parts to make a patch cord for a crows foot plug to a sb50 plug- he said there a spot you do not want to have sparks- he said he didn't know if I have ever blown a battery up, but one isn't good 6 or 8 can be horrible.

well he picked up today and immediately called me- he does not remember this cart being this quiet and having that much zip when driving it-

so my buddy made me promise to say thank you for the help and suggestions!

oh and the new brakes really work, lol- he does not EVER stopping that well

thanks guys

I am going to fix the seat with new wood, before spring turkey season- the seat has a mold of a but kinda like the old school cafeteria seats

thanks again
Chris- cspots
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #2
TreeBass
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: A biggest thank you to all that advised me on fixing buddies cart

Lots of great folks on here, I've learned a lot myself
TreeBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO