lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
rapalapaul
Not Yet Wild

Default txt series clicking in forward and reverse

I picked up a 96 txt series cart from a friend. It worked last year he parked it over the winter when he went to use it the next year it would not work just would click when the pedal was pushed. The noise is coming from the silonode. He replaced the silonode and it still does the same thing. I plan on a full rebuild in 2 months 48v 2 gauge wires alltrax the whole 9 talked to Scott about the build. I would like to get it going on stock set up for now. Brought it home last night wires were in bad shape replaced them today. Has 3 one year old batteries and 3 I am not sure how old. He said 3 were still good when he got the 3 new I would have replaced all. Put over 1.5 gallons of distilled water and plugged in the charger. Do u guys think the controller is bad?
rapalapaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #2
NoBullBarry
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: txt series clicking in forward and reverse

Mu guess is that you have a battery problem. Check the overall voltage on the battery pack. If it is too low , it could be just enough to activate the solenoid but not enough to make the cart go.
NoBullBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
NoBullBarry
Not Yet Wild

If you had to put that much water in three batteries, they are probably no good. You will probably need to replace the remaining three batteries.
NoBullBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #4
rapalapaul
Not Yet Wild

I put that in all 6 batteries but yea I am thinking there bad going with 6 8v when I do the build. If there all bad then I will just wait.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You mentioned that you replaced the cables. All of 13 of them?
Hopefully the new cables that connect the batteries together will be long enough for the 8V batteries when you get them. (Both terminals on 8V batteries are on the same side rather than on opposite side like they are on 6V batteries, so longer interconnecting cables are needed.)

----------
It is too late now, but before charging, only add enough distilled water to cover plates and fill to correct level after charging.

-----------

What is the pack voltage?

Even if it is pretty low, it should turn the the tires when the rear end of the cart is jacked up.

Connect your DVM between the M- and B- terminals on the controller.
Push the pedal just far enough to make the solenoid click.
You should read full battery pack voltage, whatever that voltage is.

If you don't, the high current loop is broken someplace. (Highlighted on attached schematic)
The F/R contacts are the prime suspects if the cables are good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series- Hi-Current traced.JPG (59.3 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #6
rapalapaul
Not Yet Wild

OK went to harbor freight and got a volt meter cart was full charged last week. Old batteries reading 5.7 volts each the 1 year old batteries read 6.1 pushed the petal till it clicked and getting 36v at silonode ? So I guess I am getting enough volts put cart on charger to see what it reads with fresh charge
Old 12-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #7
rapalapaul
Not Yet Wild

OK went to harbor freight and got a volt meter cart was full charged last week. Old batteries reading 5.7 volts each the 1 year old batteries read 6.1 pushed the petal till it clicked and getting 36v at silonode ? So I guess I am getting enough volts put cart on charger to see what it reads with fresh charge thinking maybe controller? ??
Old 12-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #8
rapalapaul
Not Yet Wild

Sorry about double post OK all charged up interstate 2200s older batteries 6v the Super start one year old batteries 6.3 v total volts at silonode 37
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO