lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #1
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Default Xynergy Power Golf Car Batteries

Has anyone heard of the Xynergy Power golf cart batteries? Appearently, they are refurbished golf cart batteries. In the refurbishing process, they remove all of the buildup from the plates of the batteries. They come with a 14 month free no-questions asked replacement policy. At 77.95 a piece for 6 volts, is it worth it? The quote below is from Xynergy Power's website:

"Xynergy Power Batteries are chemically de-sulphated and re-energized, lead-acid batteries that test with the exact same CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) as was produced by the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer).

What’s that mean to you? That means Xynergy Power Batteries are guaranteed to perform to the same standards, and test with the same results as that of a brand new battery of similar specifications. We not only claim they will perform like new, we back it up with a 14-month No Questions Asked Replacement Warranty… and we do it for half the price of a new battery! When you buy a Xynergy Power Battery, you know you will have the power you need, when you need it! We Guaranteed It!''

http://xynergypower.com/
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2014, 11:25 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Xynergy Power Golf Car Batteries

I don't think it is a good deal, CCA does not mean much for a golf cart battery.
Also, according to the warranty FAQ:
Quote:
1- Determine if your battery has failed or just needs a boost. A dead battery is not the same as a failed battery and may not require or need a replacement.
I interpret it to mean that if you only get 15 minutes run time out of the batteries, there is no warranty claim, You just need to recharge them again.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:35 AM   #3
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

I don't know. $77.95 a piece for 6 batteries with free shipping, no tax, and no core charge sounds pretty tempting.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:04 PM   #4
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

I dunno. I think it would cost them at least 150-200 to ship them. Take that off the total and that's only a few hundred bucks a set for them.

6 volt NAPA batts are 449 a set at the local NAPA store. Yes you pay tax and have to turn in a core. If you pay tax and no core the new set is $560. Powertron, Power Source, etc are around the same.

Also agreed that CCA does nothing for a electric cart and they seem to emphasize that throughout the website.
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:59 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

sunoco, what part number is that for Napa ? Cheapest I see is $130 each..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:13 PM   #6
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Xynergy has a link to their shop and if you order over $250 your order ships free. The CCA everyone is talking about is for Xynergy's car battery line, not golf cart batteries.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:17 PM   #7
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

I see them that price too on the website. But like I said when you go there or call (at least my local store) they are 449/ 6 volt set and 499/ 8 volt set
Old 01-07-2014, 02:19 PM   #8
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
Xynergy has a link to their shop and if you order over $250 your order ships free. The CCA everyone is talking about is for Xynergy's car battery line, not golf cart batteries.
I understand the shipping for the customer is free. It still cost them though. I have shipped quite a few items and to send 360lbs is not cheap. Like I said its probably around 150-200. So after you factor that in you figure they are getting around 300 per set. I don't know how much battery you are going to get for 300/set
Old 01-07-2014, 02:25 PM   #9
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Honestly I don't have a heck of a lot of money at the moment, so I am looking for cheap options. My next cheapest option would be Duracell 6 volts for 84.99 a piece plus tax, core charge, gas money for an hour away, and a Sams Club Membership
Old 01-07-2014, 02:34 PM   #10
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
Honestly I don't have a heck of a lot of money at the moment, so I am looking for cheap options. My next cheapest option would be Duracell 6 volts for 84.99 a piece plus tax, core charge, gas money for an hour away, and a Sams Club Membership
Everyone understands saving a few bucks. If you can talk to someone there and they answer your questions, give em a try! But if you do, please keep us posted with the long term results.
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car