lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2014, 02:53 PM   #11
rib33024

Default Re: New to me, help identify

That is a 95 ezgo Medalist body, no it's not a bolt on, but you can make it fit it's been done, if you were going to change the body you should use a 96 up TXT body they are plastic bodys, that medalist body you posted is a metal body and it's heavy
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2014, 03:40 PM   #12
tha5150
Getting Wild

figured. 100 bucks was too good of a deal. I was talking to someone here at the shop who just helped a friend rebuild his. He suggested adding some diamond plate on the lower half on the sides. This would cover up where mine is rusting and sharp edges are show. Very anxious to do this with a 1 year old and 3 year old running around the garage and not wanting then to get cut.

My next subject is the rear set build. Needs to support 2 kids and the occasional 2 adults.. with foot rests of course.
tha5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:33 PM   #13
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

For wheels and tires, Craigslist can be a very good friend. Ebay can be very good too. I got lucky with the bid on my four. I don't recall the final bid but I remember it being less than $350 for the set.
The same goes for any other parts you might need.
Check the frame very closely. Especially around the battery trays and the sides where you already see rust.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:37 PM   #14
tha5150
Getting Wild

? These ok? Kind of wanted all the same size.

http://lakeland.craigslist.org/sno/4299613894.html
Old 01-22-2014, 10:13 PM   #15
rib33024

you can use that 100 $ body, you can make it fit, there is a thread about members that did the body swap, the tires, you would have to beef up the drive system to turn them 26" tires. that's cheap for those tires
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:50 AM   #16
tha5150
Getting Wild

I just want to lift it a little bit. not add the biggest tires i can and have to upgrade this and that. maybe just a little bit of a wider and taller stance

as for the $100 body, i would be happy putting that money into some decent paint, scrap metal from the shop for a new battery tray if needed, diamond plate for the sides on the lower half, 1x1 tubing for rear bench seat and the here and there's that i am sure i will need. once i am good to go cosmetically, i will look at some tires and build the lift around them. I want an all terrain anyways, no knobby ones that will wear out and not be comfortable on the street for the family to just tool around on.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:49 PM   #17
tha5150
Getting Wild

I just read somewhere about a $10 chip.. Could i put that in mine? Is mine a PDS?
Old 01-25-2014, 01:46 PM   #18
tha5150
Getting Wild

Guys please help me.

Last night I wired a battery meter and had a spark and now I have nothing. Battery meter reads full (digital) but won't go anywhere.

All batteries read 6 but from the negative and positive that makes 36 I have nothing. Don't know what to do but I have a meter and trying to figure it out

Please send me in the right direction.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #19
tha5150
Getting Wild

figured out the issue, was the Micro Switches and I am picking up 2 in the morning locally.

What about my go fast question? anything i can do? i started another thread but figured i would ask here too.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:17 PM   #20
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

For tires, why not consider 10 or 12 inch wheels and the appropriate tires for them. Look at the pic of my cart. Those are 12 inch wheels with low pro tires. They will give you the slight increase in ride height and wider tread design than stock, (8 inch wheel), without the expense of a lift.
As to your go fast question, unless someone has converted that cart to electronic, as opposed to mechanical operation, the chip you speak of is not going to work. If it has been converted, then you need to determine if it's still series or another drive.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO