lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2014, 04:26 PM   #1
Naturile
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default battery

Riding cart in about a foot of snow maybe 30 minutes started smelling like battery acid so I pulled in garage ,battery's aren't wet wonder why? The battery's are new .
Naturile is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2014, 05:01 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: battery

I don't have Smell-a Vision connected on my computer, But FLA (Flooded Lead-Acid) batteries out-gas some nasty smelling stuff when charging or discharging and if you were working them hard in the deep snow, that may be what you were smelling.

Make sure none of the cables are getting hot (actually should even get very warm), or any of the components. Motor might will get pretty hot.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:20 PM   #3
Naturile
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Jonnie b I'll check it out,haven't had the cart long. So I'm learning and I know for sure that if you have battery problems your the man with the answers! But I never smelled this before
Old 02-14-2014, 09:29 AM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Are you familiar with what I call, "electrical" smells? It could be just a cable that needs attention. I've never smelt "battery" smells in mine, though I have often smelt cooked electronic and overheating of cable insulation in other applications.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:38 PM   #5
Naturile
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It smelled like battery acid, not like electrical wires. Haven't had time to look at it, I really should've been on it just had surgery on a broken leg, but I had cabin fever and had to something. I have new parts sitting everywhere. Been dealing with this leg for 4 years from a work injury it sucks! But messing with the cart gets my mind off of it.if you can think of anything let me know I'll check it out ! Bgw is great
Old 02-14-2014, 09:05 PM   #6
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

JohnnieB, you should download smell-a-vision..........
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO