lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2017, 06:22 PM   #1
PaulyMac
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Well here it goes.... starting my G1 project

As stated in my introduction....... Just starting to dig in to my non running G1 gasser....

Charged existing battery, got horn, front and rear lights working, as well as the rotating caution light..... replaced the inline fuses that were blown.... Put it in forward and it clicks...... Reverse and it clicks and Slowly turns over...... Checked battery and is pushing 9.7 volts and is quite warm.... so seems next thing to do is replace the battery...... was thinking about getting a 600 cca deep cycle marine battery to use since I tend to over accessorize......

Been reading the gasser stickys.... a lot of great info there..... Thanks to all of those who have submitted their words of wisdom to those threads!

Pauly Mac
PaulyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2017, 06:26 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Well here it goes.... starting my G1 project

Welcome to BGW!

Those G-1s are a hoot. Guy behind me at our seasonal campsite has one turned up to 11. Goes like the dickens, and makes a great sound. And goofy looking at the same time! Good luck with your build!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 06:35 PM   #3
PaulyMac
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I was thinking about leaving it how it is..... but my wife and daughter seem to be losing interest in pushing me around the yard....
PaulyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:28 PM   #4
SKETSKI
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyMac View Post
I was thinking about leaving it how it is..... but my wife and daughter seem to be losing interest in pushing me around the yard....
Try putting the wife in the drivers seat they fill more comfortable their
SKETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:56 AM   #5
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyMac View Post
Checked battery and is pushing 9.7 volts
Time for a new battery for sure. It's impressive that your cart is turning at all with a voltage drop that low. That must be a well-lubed motor.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha