lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2018, 03:01 PM   #1
ratrodin
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Oil line to carb on G1

I have an 1982 G1 I replaced all of my fuel & oil lines. The one from the oil pump to the carb for the mixture. How long does it need to run before oil gets up there? Is there something I could do? Pump works fine.

If I decide to do a pre mix instead whats a good ratio?
Has anyone lost a motor due to pump failure?
ratrodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2018, 04:26 PM   #2
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Oil line to carb on G1

there may be a bleed procedure in the service manual
heres a link

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/garag...ir-manual.html

my self personally id delete it and run pre-mix as they can fail. I run rec fuel with synthetic VP oil at 50:1 my cart does not smoke with this mixture and the plug looks good.

Others run 100:1 just do some reading on the subject and or play around with it to your liking.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 11:39 AM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratrodin View Post
I have an 1982 G1 I replaced all of my fuel & oil lines. The one from the oil pump to the carb for the mixture. How long does it need to run before oil gets up there? Is there something I could do? Pump works fine.

If I decide to do a pre mix instead whats a good ratio?
Has anyone lost a motor due to pump failure?
I lost a Columbia because of pump failure. Fortunately, only the top end and everything in the case was fine.

It shouldn't take long for the oil to get from the take to the carb. A few seconds.

Personally, I disable auto-oilers on all of my machines to include an older quad. They are good when new but become less reliable over time. It's one thing doing pistons and cylinders but anything in the case can mean lights out for the machine. I want guaranteed oil.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:33 PM   #4
Gravesdiesel
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

In the service manual, it says to remove the drive belt (so you can run the engine without the cart moving), loosen the bleeder screw on the pump and run it till oil comes out, then disconnect the line to the carb and run it till the oil appears and connect the line. I t also says to add a small amount of oil to the carb while running it during this procedure to prevent engine damage. I have disconnected and removed the oiler on several carts and plan to do the same on the 1980 model I just got when I replace the crankshaft seals. I run 50:1 mix, using Rec 90 gas. I use the same fuel in all my 2 stroke equipment. I have nothing that uses regular gas, only diesel and 2 stroke so this is a convenient method for me. I purchased my 1981 model G1 for $50 because the oiler had failed and ruined one of the crank bearings (it was knocking). I pre mixed the gas/oil and it ran well besides the knock, so I overhauled the engine. Rings were also shot, so it got new bearings, seals, piston and jug. It has served me well for several years now.
Gravesdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:37 AM   #5
ratrodin
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thank you to everyone for the replies. I think I am going to run the premix for safety. I don't want to loose the engine after all the money I put into it.
Thanks again.
ratrodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:18 PM   #6
ssambor
Not Yet Wild

i just picked up a g1 myself, im worried the oil pump isnt good anymore, ill have to give this a try and if not ill run the 50:1
ssambor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:44 PM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I would always recommend premix. Problem with the oil pump is that by the time you know they've failed, it's too late because you're rebuilding your motor. Many a 2 smoke has been lost due to auto oilers failing
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carb, mixture, oil
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha