lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2021, 06:58 AM   #2381
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: What did you do to/for your club car today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko773 View Post
Converted my 98 CC DS to Navitas 5k A/C this weekend. Special thanks to Dave from Revolution Carts. Hooked me up with all the correct parts and the build was a success.
Overall a great improvement? Looking to do this to my cart... eventually, I'm in no rush though.
StumpNocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2021, 11:56 AM   #2382
Todd D
Not Yet Wild

I made up some #2 awg cables for my cart. Working for a industrial battery company has its perks now and then. 😂
Todd D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 06:27 PM   #2383
cstarky15
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNocker View Post
Looks good, but that garage needs a pool table[emoji38]
I'm lucky if I can get 2 cars in the garage. What you can't see is the riding mower, 3 power wheels for the kids and 6 bicycles that I was told we can't get rid of any?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
cstarky15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 12:39 AM   #2384
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMJ View Post
My latest project, before and after.

99 48 volt DS:
  • New paint
  • 6" Steeleng Lift Kit
  • 23" Tires on 14" Rims
  • LED Lights all round
  • Diamond Plate Cargo Box, Rocker Panels and Front Bumper.
  • Fender Flares
  • On Board Smart Charger

Currently has 36 volt motor and getting 20-21 MPH. Waiting on custom EMP motor that should get it to 25 MPH with stock controller.
Wow! Without the "before" photos I never would believe that story. Great job!
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 05:46 PM   #2385
crickel
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just pulled the trigger on wheels, tires, and a lift kit.
Really expensive but hope it's worth it!
crickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 05:59 PM   #2386
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Hope you don't have to wait 3 months to get it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 05:45 PM   #2387
Nicko773
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNocker View Post
Overall a great improvement? Looking to do this to my cart... eventually, I'm in no rush though.
Yes. The cart is much faster and smoother. The adjustments you can make on the fly or the app makes a difference with your driving needs. Just gotta watch jamming out at full speed for long periods of time on LA batteries, it definitely drains quicker. I've already learned to turn down the acceleration and it makes a difference on your trip duration.
Nicko773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 02:21 PM   #2388
ProfessorGT
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: What did you do to/for your club car today?

Another round of thanks to Dave at Revolution is in order! I purchased my Navitas 5KW/600A Navitas package from him and his help and knowledge was superb!

For anyone who is interested, I also modified my R/R shock mount (w/6" Lift & 23s) so that it clears the 5K motor just fine............easy-peasy. Sliced the ear off the bracket, added a 1.25" piece of plate stock and welded it up!

File space limitations here negate attaching a good pic, but if interested PM me and I can send you a pic/template. All it takes is basic welding/fabrication skills. No need to just remove the shock altogether.

Love my Navitas upgrade. Old DS (199 upgraded to an IQ system (FNR Switch, Tow/Run Switch, MCOR upgrade w/accompanying bracketry and pedal shaft/mounts, and a new harness.

Kept the 48 Volt (6X8 FLA) setup for now, in fact one battery just tanked this week, so adding all new FLAs, that I just ordered today (NAPA - DEKA/East Penn 165Ahr), as well as a Summit II On-Board charger.

I want to wait for:
#1 - the price of Lithiums to settle down to reality, and
#2 - for Lithium BMS and charger systems issues to stabilize with better engineering.

Maybe by the time these FLAs need replacement in about another 5 years I'll reconsider Lithium, or whatever the prevailing tech is at the time as an early retirement gift to myself, but for now, tried, true and economical wins the day for me (Got a smokin' deal - no pun intended - on the new FLAs too, so that really helps).

This stuff is changing on an almost daily basis, so we'll see what the future holds, but a 72V setup is definitely in my future. GM's Ultium tech looks pretty interesting, as does what Ford is bringing to market. It's a very interesting time in automotive history, for sure as EVs finally get their due.

You can take the man out of the "HotRod", but you can't take the "HotRod" out of the man!
ProfessorGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 09:54 PM   #2389
Nicko773
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorGT View Post
Another round of thanks to Dave at Revolution is in order! I purchased my Navitas 5KW/600A Navitas package from him and his help and knowledge was superb!

For anyone who is interested, I also modified my R/R shock mount (w/6" Lift & 23s) so that it clears the 5K motor just fine............easy-peasy. Sliced the ear off the bracket, added a 1.25" piece of plate stock and welded it up!

File space limitations here negate attaching a good pic, but if interested PM me and I can send you a pic/template. All it takes is basic welding/fabrication skills. No need to just remove the shock altogether.

Love my Navitas upgrade. Old DS (199 upgraded to an IQ system (FNR Switch, Tow/Run Switch, MCOR upgrade w/accompanying bracketry and pedal shaft/mounts, and a new harness.

Kept the 48 Volt (6X8 FLA) setup for now, in fact one battery just tanked this week, so adding all new FLAs, that I just ordered today (NAPA - DEKA/East Penn 165Ahr), as well as a Summit II On-Board charger.

I want to wait for:
#1 - the price of Lithiums to settle down to reality, and
#2 - for Lithium BMS and charger systems issues to stabilize with better engineering.

Maybe by the time these FLAs need replacement in about another 5 years I'll reconsider Lithium, or whatever the prevailing tech is at the time as an early retirement gift to myself, but for now, tried, true and economical wins the day for me (Got a smokin' deal - no pun intended - on the new FLAs too, so that really helps).

This stuff is changing on an almost daily basis, so we'll see what the future holds, but a 72V setup is definitely in my future. GM's Ultium tech looks pretty interesting, as does what Ford is bringing to market. It's a very interesting time in automotive history, for sure as EVs finally get their due.

You can take the man out of the "HotRod", but you can't take the "HotRod" out of the man!
I did the exact same mods my 98 DS a few weeks ago. Did the same mod to the right rear shock bracket. Hope you enjoy. Let me know how your battery consumption is.. I've got brand new batts and the 5k likes the power. I live on long roads and like to jam at max speed... Definitely lithium for me too soon. Thanks for posting..
Nicko773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 01:37 PM   #2390
ProfessorGT
Not Yet Wild

Nicko773,

Will do. I'm in Florida ........... finally, and only a few good sized hills here in the development, otherwize pretty flat. She's pulling just over 30-33 now and as the batteries break in she's going a bit more. Sure 35 will be there pretty quick, but I'm not worried about being too much of a speed demon, at least right now anyway. Once Lithium happens, that's a different story. LOL!
ProfessorGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car