lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2014, 06:39 PM   #1
bvilleharleycart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Clutch issues

So you can tell my build thread is not moving along too fast. We got the cart running good and have been enjoying riding it up and down to the mail box, taking the garbage down and riding around the trail by our house. Now the clutch has fallen apart twice. What happens is the washer with the little knubs that you pry up on the nut are breaking off and the nut comes loose and it all falls apart, well it quits going anyways you know. Then we have to get the old cub cadet and pull it home. Like I said we get it all together put the washer on and tighten the nut bend up two of the prongs on the washer and put it all back together and fill it with oil. The last time it only lasted two days. this is a messy job on top of it all. Any help or suggestions will be greaty appreciated. Thanks folks.
bvilleharleycart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2014, 09:23 PM   #2
parace
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Default Re: Clutch issues

I just looked at my manual. The nut should be torqued to 75-85 ft pounds. If the treads are good on the nut and the crank shaft that should hold it down
parace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:10 AM   #3
bvilleharleycart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks, I took apart my parts carts clutch and the washer with the tabs has teeth to fit into the splines on the crank shaft so I used that one. the other washers I had were all smooth so I'm hoping that will help. am getting good at removing and installing the clutch though : ) it is a messy job I might add.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:36 PM   #4
parace
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Yes I agree. The oil does make a mess and an awfull smell. I had to take mine down a couple of times also. But so far so good. Good luck.
parace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:50 PM   #5
bvilleharleycart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

yeah I gotts say I had it fixed and running in less than a half hour. Practice makes perfect. I highly recommend the washer with the teeth for the splines, don't know why the others didn't have it ???
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson