lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2020, 07:34 AM   #21
Jdk261
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Got bit by the plowman bug...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
You are!! LOL
I think the only reason I didn't hit 30 is because I was afraid to lol.

Honestly though, this thing has some real power now. I'm not really sure about lifting it, but I'm thinking about some bigger tires to eek out a few more mph.

I did notice a bit of a sway when I had my neighbor on with me when we really got going...it started to slightly "snake" on me...I just let off the gas and it stopped. I guess I just need to be cognoscente of that. If I widened the stance with spacers, think that might help?
Jdk261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2020, 11:36 AM   #22
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Yes, widened the stance should help and if your current tires are old & worn, new tires could help.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 02:47 PM   #23
Jdk261
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have the stock Kedna hole in ones. They seem fine. I did realize my air pressure was absurdly low. Filled them up and everything seems more stable...but when I stand in front of the cart and look at the tires, because they are rounded, I'm guessing there is only like 2.5" of actual tread that touches the pavement. Perhaps a slightly wider/flatter tire would help in addition to 1.5"-2" spacers.

I just took a buddy on a ride with me and when we really got going, now that i have the rear seat on, the snaking/swaying really comes in to play with "increased load".
Jdk261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 06:53 AM   #24
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

If you over-inflate the tires the center of the tread will have a crown and won't touch the pavement. Check your tire pressure and set them all the same, usually around 10-15 psi.

Handling can also be affected by work shocks, suspension, and steering components. If the cart is older, it likely has worn parts.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha