lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2020, 08:27 PM   #1
gilmparts
Not Yet Wild

Default 93 marathon barely moves

I am working on a 93 EZGO Marathon. Just put in, and charged new batteries, put in a new solenoid. tested POT, and microswitch. Getting 37 volts to controller. But, when I depress go pedal cart barely moves, it has no power. this is the same in fwd and rev.
any suggestions would be appreciated.
gilmparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2020, 10:44 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 93 marathon barely moves

Solenoid is not engaging. You are just getting a "little umph" from what's stored in the capacitors in the controller.

That would have me looking at F&R microswitches, throttle pedal micro switch, reed switch, or just as simple as a wire that was not reconnected after the battery swap.

I'm assuming you have successfully charged your new batteries after the install, right?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 12:14 PM   #3
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Re: 93 marathon barely moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmparts View Post
I am working on a 93 EZGO Marathon. Just put in, and charged new batteries, put in a new solenoid. tested POT, and microswitch. Getting 37 volts to controller. But, when I depress go pedal cart barely moves, it has no power. this is the same in fwd and rev.
any suggestions would be appreciated.
37 volts at rest I assume? What is the volt reading when you mash the gas pedal? 37 volts is almost dead if it's a 36 volt cart. Batteries need charging and checked out.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:40 AM   #4
gilmparts
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for responding. Yep, batteries are new and charged. I am getting solenoid click (new solenoid) but I will check for full voltage transfer across solenoid. Throttle pedal microswitch functions proper and potentiometer ohms out good. I'll check other switches and re-check wiring. Thanks again.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:07 AM   #5
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: 93 marathon barely moves

If new batteries are fully charged and are at 37 volts something is wrong. Fully charged should be 38.2.
I would check the micro switches on the F/R handle.
Yes double check all the connections.
Attached Images
File Type: png battery chart.png (183.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-21-2020, 09:20 AM   #6
gilmparts
Not Yet Wild

37.4, doesn't drop much when pressing throttle. maybe they didn't get a full charge after installing. I may have rushed it. I'm recharging now.

Wouldn't they still have pulled the cart even at a slower speed etc. this cart won't pull itself fwd unless it's on a level surface and you have to push a little to get it going.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:51 AM   #7
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: 93 marathon barely moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmparts View Post
37.4, doesn't drop much when pressing throttle. maybe they didn't get a full charge after installing. I may have rushed it. I'm recharging now.

Wouldn't they still have pulled the cart even at a slower speed etc. this cart won't pull itself fwd unless it's on a level surface and you have to push a little to get it going.
Yes it should have. But getting them fully charge will take that part out of it. When it moves does it make any noises from the drivers side hub? It could have a bad wheel hub and not transferring the power to the wheel.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:57 AM   #8
gilmparts
Not Yet Wild

After charging, I've got 38.4.
When measuring voltage at controller B+ and M- I got no voltage at rest, 7.3 v when initiating throttle, and 9.5v with throttle fully engaged (to the floor).
Old 09-21-2020, 10:01 AM   #9
gilmparts
Not Yet Wild

No noise in rear end except normal motor noise. when lifted from floor wheels turn but not with any "umph"
Old 09-21-2020, 10:09 AM   #10
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Re: 93 marathon barely moves

Your not getting voltage to the controller if those reading are right. You should have full pack voltage. You sure the throttle readings are right?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO