lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2020, 06:50 AM   #1
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Experience with noisy RXV Rearend

My 2009 RXV was one of that known noisy RXV's , Axle whine or whatever. I've read all posts i could find to solve the loud driving noise ( one guy wrote " can't hear my Stereo " ). First i changed the oil, no difference. Next often tip, the Input Shaft... OK, from my last SEMA trip i brought back new Input Shaft w/Bearings. Not realy hard to install, but also no success! The original Shaft looks not bad, light visible wear at the teeth, Bearings still fine!
Whats next, the Main Gears? They are expensive and i found the recommendation, better change the whole Axle Assembly instead. So i did, ordered a new one from MN/Dealer ( Schaeffer Driveline ) and now it's absolutely silent! OK, 1100$ is much, but for me it was the best solution... Maybe, this is helpfull for some others.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2020, 06:05 AM   #2
mway
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Experience with noisy RXV Rearend

Thanks for your post. You stated replace axle assembly. Do you mean replaced both axles and bearings, or does that also mean axles gears with in the drive assembly? Thanks in advance for your answer!
mway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:36 AM   #3
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Experience with noisy RXV Rearend

I've changed the whole Transaxle... 1100$ as mentioned for the 2008 - 2012 version, the 2013+ started at ~ 730$ ( i don't know, why it is much cheaper ). To change Main Gears w/Input Shaft + Bearings + Seals will save not much money, nothing guaranteed and a lot of work to be done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tmp614063.jpg (10.7 KB, 0 views)
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO