lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2014, 07:55 AM   #1
Ndiehm
Not Yet Wild

Default New owner Dilemma

Hello all

I am new to the world of golf carts. My past experience has only been driving them on a golf course and very rarely drive a friend’s around. So I have some questions that I hope can be answered. We don’t have a lot of money to spend on one right now, so I was thinking about getting a project cart and going that route. I found one that is missing the engine and need a little body work. I believe it to be a 1993 E-Z-Go Marathon (even though the ad says 94), the body looks like a 93. So my questions are: How hard is it to drop a new motor in it? I would prefer gas. Is there a specific type of engine that you have to use? If it is a 93, can a 94 body fit on it? (Maybe with a small amount of modifications). With a cart like this, about how much work can be expected to put in it to get it running? Thanks in advance for the help
Ndiehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2014, 11:27 AM   #2
beau
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: New owner Dilemma

I would suggest if money is tight that a project cart will ultimately cost you more than finding a decent used running or at least complete cart. I find carts in my area on a regular basis for 300-600 dollars. I have also sourced out a supplier of blemished batteries to get them running for 1/3 the cost.
beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 11:36 AM   #3
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: New owner Dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau View Post
I would suggest if money is tight that a project cart will ultimately cost you more than finding a decent used running or at least complete cart.
+2
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO