lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2015, 08:25 AM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What diagram do I use? 2000 pds

Quote:
Originally Posted by abamadude View Post
1. What is the main problem with the 2000 pds?
2. If everything is the same except the f/r switch why do some call it a failed model?
1. I have heard that the early 2000 PDS carts cannot be upgraded to the Alltrax DCX and NCX families of controllers the same way late 2000 and subsequent year PDS carts can be, but the reason why they couldn't was left unsaid, or something vague like wiring differences.

From what I have been able to determine, the controllers used in early 2000 PDS carts are electrically the same as the ones used in later production and the pin-outs for the various plugs are the same.

With your help, I just discovered the output from the early 2000 PDS F/R switch assembly is the same as the output from the F/R rocker switch used in later production.

Granted, the control wiring harness is different, but as far as I can tell, it is only due to the F/R switch being in a physical different location and are electrically the same.

Therefore, I'm not sure that a problem exists.

2. The DCS is the failed model. It was EZGO's first attempt at a SepEx drive system (shunt wound motor rather than series wound) and was soon(?) replaced by the PDS.

One of the problems with the DCS controller was not having a low voltage cut-off. If the battery pack was discharged too much, it could take out the controller. There were heat issues also.

DCS production run was from about 1995 through 1999 and the PDS came out in 2000. The PDS had different controller and different motor.

--------------------
Alltrax designed the DCX family of controllers to be Plug-n-Play replacements for the DCS controller. When the PDS came out, Alltrax designed an adapter cable to mate the DCX controller to the PDS wiring harness. (Basically, the adapter converts the Boolean equation needed to tell a PDS what to do into the Boolean equation needed to tell a DCS controller what to do, so the DCX will work in a PDS cart.)

Apparently, some people could not get the adapter and DCX controller to work in early 2000 PDS carts. I wasn't into carts at the time, so I have no idea what the actual problem(s) was, but I suspect this is when and were the allegations started.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2015, 10:00 AM   #22
abamadude
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: What diagram do I use? 2000 pds

Thank you for the information JohnnieB
abamadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO