lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2015, 08:57 PM   #1
Gillico1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Upgraded Controllers in 2 carts

Just wanting some feedback:

2001 Series, 48V good batteries, SPM500 Controller and 4ga cables. Up to 18mph from 13mph stock. Stock tires as well. Sound about correct? Wanting 25mph. So with 22 inch tires should see low 20's. Next step a PQ Bandit??

Next item. Installed a DCX400PDS on 2006 PDS. Brand new Crown 36V. Went from 18 mph old batteries to about 21 new batteries and controller. Notable torque enhancement but underwhelming speed increases. Any suggestions? Kept 6ga cables. Would 4ga make a big difference? or once the batteries are broken in?

All upgrades thru Scottyb.

Thanks for any advice or comments. Just want solid neighborhood speeds.
Gillico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2015, 09:38 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Upgraded Controllers in 2 carts

The PDS is under performing. Should reach 24 on the flats. Perhaps new batteries and 6g cables holding her back.

The series cart is doing well. 25mph will require a custom motor. The Bandit will give you 2-3 mph according to their website.

Both carts will respond well to more voltage. 42v for the PDS by adding a 6v under the driver's seat. and 48v for the series cart.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 04:37 AM   #3
Gillico1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Great thanks!
Old 05-19-2015, 06:41 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillico1 View Post
Just wanting some feedback:

2001 Series, 48V good batteries, SPM500 Controller and 4ga cables. Up to 18mph from 13mph stock. Stock tires as well. Sound about correct? Wanting 25mph. So with 22 inch tires should see low 20's. Next step a PQ Bandit??

All upgrades thru Scottyb.

Thanks for any advice or comments. Just want solid neighborhood speeds.
Gillico.....if your cart is just for street/neighborhood use.....and want some speed. I personally recommend the AMD 7126 "RAPTOR". I'm still running 36v, with the SPM485 (500a controller) AND I am getting 27 MPH all day long....you being at 48v.....you would be closer to 33-35 mph. You can see everything in my drive system in my sig.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:22 AM   #5
Gillico1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

With those speeds. Definitely disc brakes. Heavier duty hubs. Any other recommendations for shoring up the cart in terms of safety and stability? The cool thing is I could save some custom curves for kid and wife use. But the pq would be a lot more economical at half the price. Thanks a lot for the feedback.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:01 AM   #6
bulls74
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

the guys here know there stuff and the site sponsors are a great resource too. i have a 36v 99 series txt with bandit motor, stock controller, stock wires (6gauge), stock FNR switch, 22' tires on 12' wheels and get 18mph. as advertised the bandit did improve my speed by a couple mphs and cart feels a lot stronger. i still have to upgrade to 48v and should reach my desired to speed of low 20s. since you're already running 48v i'd take the guidance from the last few posts and you'll get to where you want to be and then some in no time
bulls74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:09 PM   #7
moshelevine
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: Upgraded Controllers in 2 carts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The PDS is under performing. Should reach 24 on the flats. Perhaps new batteries and 6g cables holding her back.

The series cart is doing well. 25mph will require a custom motor. The Bandit will give you 2-3 mph according to their website.

Both carts will respond well to more voltage. 42v for the PDS by adding a 6v under the driver's seat. and 48v for the series cart.
Can an additional 6v battery be added to a 36v stock system? And what charger?
moshelevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 04:11 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshelevine View Post
Can an additional 6v battery be added to a 36v stock system? And what charger?
It can if the components in the cart are rated for teh additional voltage. The 7th 6v battery will amount to a 17% increave in operating voltage. This will make the motor turn 17% faster and produce 17% more torque. I'm expecting 7/6v to arrive this afternoon for my 05 Ezgo PDS cart. I will use the 42v DPI Accusense charger we sell on the cartsunlimited.net web site for $285
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO