lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2015, 12:48 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1988 Marathon Electric - Arcing Wiper Board - Tried Everything, Need Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
In addition to what these guys are saying, the key not being needed may point to solenoid being mis wired or welded closed.

We make a very nice bolt in conversion kit for this cart. With the conversion you toss out the resistor coils,solenoid, and speed wiper. It will certainly fix your current problems and bring the cart into the current century of technology. This opens the door to lots of alternative improvements and uses.
Actually, the previous century.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2015, 12:57 PM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1988 Marathon Electric - Arcing Wiper Board - Tried Everything, Need Ideas

Does it only spark in the first (low)position? If so, I'd either look at it closely for solid connection - terminal maybe melted into the wiper board and thus not getting a solid connection - or go straight past it to the second connection.

I have a controller, but generally keep the gas or brake to the floor. No in between, but that's me. Creeping can place a lot of stress on the connections.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:26 PM   #13
crmcart
Not Yet Wild

Fixed it....

These first two diagrams only got me 3/4 of the way.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html

http://s985.photobucket.com/user/wiz...5e4df.png.html

It wasn't until I saw this diagram that I found something wrong with how the solenoid and F&R switch was wired up.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...ng-diagram.jpg

There is a slight contradiction between the two sets but between the two I got everything working. No arcing, no sparks, key switch works, buzzer works, and I have all speeds. There was even an extra white wire going from the fnr ms to the battery that I didnt need.

I appreciate everyone's input. It helped me to retrace my steps and get it wired up properly. I am not exactly sure what the root of the problem was but it was probably a combination of switches and solenoid wiring.
crmcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:22 AM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

YAY! Doesn't it feel good not to pay someone for something you did yourself?!?

Be a site donor.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:21 PM   #15
coosa
Gone Wild

Glad you got it fixed!

One thing you might check is to make sure you have a cable running from that first contact to the solenoid. I had a diagram that didn't show it, and ran a cart for years without it. It worked, but it was harder on the components than it should have been. I couldn't see one in your pic.

That cable makes that first contact hot the instant the wiper touches it and it greatly reduces arcing. The throttle micro switch has to be working right.

Good luck with it.
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arcing, electric, marathon, wiper
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO