lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2015, 12:17 PM   #1
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default EZGO Performance Motor?

I am looking for a new motor for my Series cart. I am looking for top speed of 25 with maximum torque. D&D torque motor can only get me 19 mph with my set up (see signature for set up). I contacted Plumb Quick and asked about the possibility of a tuned down Assassin rebuild. Robby came back and suggested a "High Performance EZGO motor for 48 volts that will get you around 25 mph with good torque". I did a quick look on EZGO website and looks like all their motors are Advanced. Anyone have an idea of what this motor that Robby is referring to is? He also said they take 10-14 days to build one once the order is placed. Specifically mentioned this is a new motor and not a rebuild and does not require a core.
JMGreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2015, 06:44 PM   #2
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Performance Motor?

With your up grades, I would look at the EMP 2 speed motor. I have one, still on 36 volts and see a regular 22 mph. When I switch to the torque setting, I can tow just about anything I might hook to a cart.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 07:55 PM   #3
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Denny,

Thanks for the suggestion, I just was replying to Chuck at EMP regarding some of his options. I think I may go with a re-worked D&D long stack that he has. Based on the info he provided it will get me between 24 - 26 mph with ample torque. His price with the core return is less than the new EZGO performance motor.

I was thinking about the two speed motor and honestly, I don't want the kids to do things they shouldn't and make another "project" for dad to work on. I am currently working on a Batman PDS build for them.

Joe
Old 01-09-2016, 06:46 PM   #4
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I ended up going with a EMP motor that was a D&D long stack motor that they modified. The installation went much better than i expected. It was clear when i took the stock motor off that things were not good. I don't know what all the black material was but as you can see in the pics it was significant.

The performance of the EMP motor is noticeably better than the stock but don't think I am achieving the 25 mph I was after. Tire pressure could be the culprit and I did not do much test driving due to limited time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0084.JPG (527.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0085.JPG (560.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0086.JPG (553.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0087.JPG (651.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-09-2016, 07:14 PM   #5
crowe211
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

just purchased a 2000 very clean ezgo series cart new controller and new solenoid when i bought it. I have had a guy at a shop tell me they can send the factory motor out to a shop where they put a part from inside of it on a lathe and turn it down. Has anyone had this done? If so how does it perform?

I also wanted to ask what i would need to change to convert to a 48 volt?
crowe211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:19 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowe211 View Post
just purchased a 2000 very clean ezgo series cart new controller and new solenoid when i bought it. I have had a guy at a shop tell me they can send the factory motor out to a shop where they put a part from inside of it on a lathe and turn it down. Has anyone had this done? If so how does it perform?

I also wanted to ask what i would need to change to convert to a 48 volt?
Please start your own thread so you get the answers you need, not the info Joe is looking for here.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:21 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Curious chain of events, if you call me about this I get you 25mph on the flats and 20 on hilly ground with one of our D&D custom motors based upon your tire size and 48v operation.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO