lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2016, 10:25 AM   #1
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Effect larger tires have on speed and torque

I know what it does. I am no stranger to this as I was and still kind of I to 4wd and lifted trucks.

But assuming a stock 36v strong battery but stock cart will it be noticeable the torque loss? What is top end loss estimated to be on a 22x11x10 tire over standard. 1 or 3 mph? I just have small gradual hills on my place and one short steeper grade to get up. Should I assume this new tire size will still allow the cart to maneuver rolling terrain...not more than a golf course would probably have...barring one in the moutains.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2016, 10:51 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Effect larger tires have on speed and torque

You will see noticeable torque loss but top end should increase.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:09 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Mathematically it is about a 22% loss of torque but that can be increased by tire width and inflation. Top speed should be increased by an equal amount if you can get there... battery pack condition and cable size will also play a part in these equations.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:37 AM   #4
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yea the if it can get there part was what I was thinking. I know IT basically re-gears you with taller gears but I was not sure if a stock motor could overcome the extra load of the tires to be able to bring it up to "full motor speed" to achieve this higher top speed.

So with the said tire size I picked would one have trouble playing a round of golf on a rolling golf course or would you be rocking back and forth pulling The steering wheel at every hill you come too? I don't play golf but courses seem to always be a little hilly...at least in upstate SC.

A bonus...I see logs of guys here from SC. Anyone that know the terrain in upstate SC can chime in. JM NOT Talking Northern Anderson County OR Pickens OR Oconee IN The MOUTAINS OR anything.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:08 PM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

You might want to check with your pro and see if your 22" tires will be allowed on their course before you commit to this purchase.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:53 PM   #6
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Haha. I used golf couse to give some an idea of Rollin terrain I'm talking about.

I don't play golf anymore and this cart definitely won't make it onto any golf course.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO