lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2016, 02:53 PM   #1
njcowboy
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car DS 48V no running at very low speed

I have a club car DS, 48V
Serial number starts with AA0221

new batteries and new cables. new solenoid.

At rest, the Potentionmeter is at 7k, WOT it is 2K. This makes me suspect the OHMs not going down to 0 or close to 0.

I am at a loss and now anything else is going to be big money so I want to make sure I test and get it right the first time.

The motor does not appear to have any type of speed control sensor on the back side of the motor like some that I have seen.

Is it possible that the the motor could be worn out? controller?
Is it possible that the charging computer is not allowing an heavy amp draw down? I saw a video to bypass this with alligator clips from the solenoid to the negative post on the battery. Is this safe to test that way?

This has been a problem for quote some time now. Slow regardless of uphill or flat surface, almost like there is no torque/hp in the motor anymore
njcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2016, 12:52 PM   #2
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Default Re: Club Car DS 48V no running at very low speed

What model number controller is it? If you do not have a speed sensor it is likely the cause of the low speeds. The Curtis 1510 and 1515 need to see that speed sensor input else they will only run about 4mph.

As for the throttle its normal for it not to be exactly 0. Depending on the controller there may even be some built in resistance to the throttle lines. Either way the controller compensates for that and the extra resistance on the top and bottom of the pedal just provide over-current & throttle disconnect protection.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car