lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2016, 08:41 PM   #21
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Watering system

When your filling a 150 golf cart you use a water hose.

My personal cart gets distilled. But ask your self, if it's so bad why does the factory put fill system on there cart ???there fill systems comes with a water hose from the factory.
sonnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2016, 08:46 PM   #22
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

A garden hose and a purification system that requires service.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 08:51 PM   #23
Helirich
Gone Wild

Yea, RO water done right is even better than distilled. When I was right out of high school I worked at a battery factory that made the worlds most advanced lead acid battery's. They were designed by Bell labs. It was the best of everything in those batteries. They used 99% pure lead, (unheard of) and RO water. They had an elaborate setup make the water and ran it through all PVC pipes/valves.

It would be nice to have those batteries on our carts as they were garenteed 30 years. But they were about 300 lbs. and only about two volts.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 09:17 PM   #24
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Not saying it's right but I have put plenty of tap water into batteries in life, and They did not die early.

That said when I get new batteries for my cart or fill the current batteries, they will get distilled.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 09:33 PM   #25
Helirich
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsoncartguy View Post
Not saying it's right but I have put plenty of tap water into batteries in life, and They did not die early.

That said when I get new batteries for my cart or fill the current batteries, they will get distilled.
Some tap water is better than other.
Old 04-30-2016, 11:05 PM   #26
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Let's see. $700-$900 invested in batteries but whine about $2 per gallon of distilled.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 11:37 PM   #27
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
Let's see. $700-$900 invested in batteries but whine about $2 per gallon of distilled.

No different than any forum I'm on.

Tractor forum. Guys whine about replacing fuel filters on their $30k tractors or on saw forums, guys useing cheap box store two stroke Dino oil in their $1200 chainsaw cause its worked for years when there is better stuff out there. Or useing the old motor oil from their truck as bar oil when real bar oil can be had for $6/gallon on sale. And mose casual firewood cutter won't use a half a gallon a year and others a gallon. Even me and I'm no huge 39 cord a year guy but I still use about 3 gallons or so a year but still not talking about $20 a year in bar oil for my saws that new, all my regulars cost more than a set of batteries.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:53 AM   #28
Helirich
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
I don't know if people are upset about the price of distilled. But if you don't happen to have some handy, it's temping to put tap water in.
Old 05-01-2016, 04:05 PM   #29
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Tap water is better than exposed plates but I wouldn't make it a habit.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 04:52 PM   #30
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The problem with Tap Water is you don't know how many minerals and salts are in it. Those things react with the acid. Distilled is what you should use to minimize interaction with the acid. Cheap insurance.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO