lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2016, 03:33 PM   #11
Sweetjackal
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Txt in dash radio installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFX4 View Post
This is why I just installed a 12 volt battery under the seat on the driver side. Got a deep cycle marine battery for $65 from Sam's Club. Much cheaper than the good quality voltage reducers, and I am not pulling any power from my battery pack. I run lights and amp/speakers off it right now, with plans to add more accessories down the road. I never have an issue of juice either. The 12 volt battery powers everything for days.
I like this idea.
Following this method how/when do you charge the 12v battery?
Do you keep it on a trickle charger? just charge when its dead with a std charger or it gets tied into the 36v pack and charged at the same time?
Sweetjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2016, 07:59 PM   #12
crash test dummy

dash is ez and speakers need to be low profile

if you get the one up to 72v it will work on any voltage you need

with scottyb's converter
Old 10-02-2016, 08:59 PM   #13
Dudeman1234
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Okay guys thank for the responses. Id prefer to avoid extra batterys and stick with the six batterys i already have. So I think that leaves me with the reducer option. Mattadata gave me the link to a reducer. This is was what i was thinking but the radio im looking at is a 14v radio according to the customer service. Do i need to look for something else or is there a 14v converter.

The Boss MCK1309WB.6 Marine Receiver/Speakers Package is what im looking at.
Dudeman1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:19 PM   #14
xeonman13
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFX4 View Post
This is why I just installed a 12 volt battery under the seat on the driver side. Got a deep cycle marine battery for $65 from Sam's Club. Much cheaper than the good quality voltage reducers, and I am not pulling any power from my battery pack. I run lights and amp/speakers off it right now, with plans to add more accessories down the road. I never have an issue of juice either. The 12 volt battery powers everything for days.
This is a great idea. I have been out of the golf cart world for a while but for years I would just hook up my accessories to 2 batteries but I am reading now thats not recommended. I have a marine battery charger so this is perfect. Thanks.
xeonman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 05:57 AM   #15
03psd73
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudeman1234 View Post
Okay guys thank for the responses. Id prefer to avoid extra batterys and stick with the six batterys i already have. So I think that leaves me with the reducer option. Mattadata gave me the link to a reducer. This is was what i was thinking but the radio im looking at is a 14v radio according to the customer service. Do i need to look for something else or is there a 14v converter.

The Boss MCK1309WB.6 Marine Receiver/Speakers Package is what im looking at.
It should have a operating range of 12-14 volts the reducer he sent link for will do just fine.
03psd73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:15 AM   #16
NoleFan
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Good info. I plan on doing this soon.

Thanks!
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:26 PM   #17
Dudeman1234
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Change of plans guys. I was reviewing my cart and there is an extra spot on the fuse panels from the lights on the cart under the seat. I think im going to use this for the radio. Is this gonna drain my battery to much is it worth the $150 for the reducer.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:04 PM   #18
Dudeman1234
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Can anyone tell me what wire I run from my radio to the key switch. And which wire on the key switch

Tags
dash, installation, radio
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO