lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2016, 03:47 PM   #1
gartran
Not Yet Wild

Default Bad Boy Buggy problems.

I have a Bad Boy BB-AMS4 that I'm having a problem with. It wont go forward at all but it will in reverse after i press the switch and turn off then back on the key, and as soon as i let off the accelerator i have to do the whole process over again. The cart has the green controller with a aluminum box on top. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
gartran is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2016, 10:32 AM   #2
gartran
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Bad Boy Buggy problems.

any help at all would be appreciated guys. Im trying to avoid taking it to a dealer!
gartran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:03 PM   #3
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Much more info needed.

BBB are often hard to service because of lack of info.

Many EZ-GO golf cart service folks can repair BBB
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 03:38 PM   #4
pilotsridgesouth
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I have a Bad Boy Buggy Classic 2012 with an issue now. I bought the Buggy used from a construction site and the main problem was bad batteries when I first got the cart. Replaced the batteries with Trojan T-145s and then the cart still wouldn't do anything at all. Took it to an EZ-GO / Bad Boy dealer and they diagnosed a bad relay and I was back on line again.

The buggy has been pretty good for the past year until about a month ago when it quit doing anything. I was replacing a voltmeter from the panel that I'd installed about 1 year ago which had gone bad, (cheap Chinese vm) the new volt meter smoked, and fire escaped from the wires! This voltmeter was directly attached to the battery pack with an individual fused, wire that wasn't joined to any other component. The digital voltmeter shouldn't have affected anything else in the buggy but for some reason I'm not getting anything when I now turn on the key. Batteries are fully charged, solenoids don't click with either switch from forward or reverse. the cart was parked in the garage when this took place so there was no load or water that should have affected anything. I tried a spare relay that I had but don't know if it's good or not.

I would like to PM the members FF Titus or Dramier to see if I could get a copy of a tech manual from either of them but have only been lurking instead of posting and don't have the post count to PM anyone. If anyone could help by having them contact me through pm or at coralcasperatyahoodotcom it would be greatly appreciated. Or if someone could explain where I could locate a good troubleshooting schematic or diagram with an EZ-GO key switch and relay (parts number) so that I could part exchange and hopefully resolve I would be most grateful.
pilotsridgesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 04:34 PM   #5
holcomb
Not Yet Wild

Help I have a issue with my 2006 xto bad boy won't go
holcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:38 AM   #6
FF Titus
Gone Wild

Pilot: I can't PM you since you're new. I am in the middle of transferring data from different computers and I'll then be able to upload and help you.

Anyone who is having BBB issues, need manuals, etc. PM me. I am slow at getting back to people this time of year, but I will.
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:17 PM   #7
pilotsridgesouth
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

FF Titus,
Thanks for the reply. It turns out that it was just a simple relay behind the panel. I'd tried swapping that relay out before but had the wrong relay (or one that was already shot) and though that the problem was deeper. I changed out the forward/reverse White-Rodgers contactors thinking that may be the problem so now at least I have spares of those...
One other issue is that my headlights are on at all times and I'd rather have them on just when needed. I have a spare harness and headlight switch from an older BB Classic that I could try to simply swap but don't want to burn up any harness or switch or blow the relay again. Electrical isn't my strong point, I'm not completely clueless but sure wish that I still had the guidance of my father-in-law, who was an electrical engineer!
I have the very basic wiring diagram for the BBB but sure wish that I could navigate the harness a little better as i add a winch and some assorted LED lights to the cart. Have installed a separate battery to run the winch from and have a 48 Volt to 12 Volt converter also but need to tie in those to a key switch to keep safe around kids. Thanks for any help,
FF Gene
Old 02-06-2017, 09:58 AM   #8
FF Titus
Gone Wild

This is the only wiring diagram for the classic I have.

BBB classic.jpg
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:38 PM   #9
pilotsridgesouth
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Thanks for the wiring diagram. It is helpful and will get used. After I got the relay sorted out all was good so I took the Buggy on a camping trip with the family.(100 miles each way) It started out fine and then ran about 100 yds and slowly died. Went to neutral, turned off, turned back on and it ran 50 yds. Went like that a few more times so I went back to the campsite and went through cleaning all connections on the batteries, controllers, and motors. No joy! Gave up for the weekend. had changed relays and everything. Good thing we all brought bikes also! When unloading it off the trailer at the end of the weekend I heard the relays click in and out. Started thinking about the problem and decided to check the key switch.
It felt fairly warm so I ran the cart a bit and it got hotter. I changed out the key switch with a new spare that I had on hand and it completely solved the issue. Put another 15-20 trouble free miles on it since then and trust it again. The worst part about the lost weekend was that I had the spare key switch in the spare part ammo box in the rear storage and could have changed it with just my Leatherman!!! Wished I used my brain Live and learn I guess.
Thanks again,
Gene
Old 07-21-2017, 06:30 PM   #10
sjohnsun
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Titus, do you have a wiring diagram or service manual for a 2016 Bad Boy Recoil IS Crew?
sjohnsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO