lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2017, 06:46 PM   #11
TTBHG
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Are there any Club Car years/models to avoid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmonkey17 View Post
$3k is a little out there for a 2005 precedent, I picked up a stock 2010 for $2k I know I got a good deal but I've seen 2008's going for $1850.00, I would keep looking, Now if it had some new batteries a lift and nice tires and rims and a set of lights, then maybe I would consider it.... I might budge a little on the lights..
The guy told me it had brand new tires and a brand new front seat. I passed on it. The search continues.
TTBHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2017, 08:12 PM   #12
Golferdave
Gone Wild

Club Car

Batteries are a big thing to consider buying used.
If the batteries are over 2 years or more old, figure
in a $700 battery R&R in the near future.
Wll help when you negotiate the price
Golferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:44 PM   #13
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

Agree with Golferdave, age of batteries would be a big concern and as others have stated, 6 8v batteries to obtain your 48v system. Reason for 6 8v batteries is run time between charges.
w4rwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:30 PM   #14
TTBHG
Not Yet Wild

I found a 2012 for $2650. The cart looks to be in very good shape but the batteries are original. He said they still hold a charge but will need to be replaced.

I'm assuming since it needs batteries I should probably offer less than the $2650 asking price?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:33 PM   #15
Golferdave
Gone Wild

Club Car

You get the Serial # ?

Last pic,
Neg lead connector looks marginal

Looks clean

Always offer a little less
Probably wants to get 2500

Always ask a bit more when posting for sale stuff
Room to dicker

Start $2200, needs $800 wort of batts, you'd be in it at $3000
From the get go

But nice , nearly new cart for $2500 IMO
Golferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:42 PM   #16
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

here is something to consider in your quest to find a deal. a new set of batteries, depending on place of purchase and brand, is gonna set you back about $125 a battery with core trade in. That $125 a battery is for Trojan T875. Your cost per battery will be different to some degree depending on where and who you purchase from. You can buy cheaper, Trojans are generally considered as good as they come. Have heard some negatives on what they call the "Black box" Trojans. When purchasing batteries, if the wallet allows, get the best battery you can get. A cheaper battery now being replaced in 2 or 3 years is no fun. I replaced a set that was almost 2 years old because they were cheap ones. First cold snap of there 2nd year of service and they were toast. From a full charge the pack died in less than 2 miles. I take care of my batteries too.
w4rwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 11:06 PM   #17
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Back to your original question, there's nothing wrong with 36v Cub Cars either. If you are shopping price, consider an older 36v Club Car if you are going to buy batteries anyway. Just my opinion.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:39 AM   #18
TTBHG
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golferdave View Post
You get the Serial # ?

Last pic,
Neg lead connector looks marginal

Looks clean

Always offer a little less
Probably wants to get 2500

Always ask a bit more when posting for sale stuff
Room to dicker

Start $2200, needs $800 wort of batts, you'd be in it at $3000
From the get go

But nice , nearly new cart for $2500 IMO
I didn't get the serial number. Should I get it beforehand? Will that tell me useful information?

It was in really good shape. I walked around it and took the pictures. There was hardly a scratch on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4rwf View Post
here is something to consider in your quest to find a deal. a new set of batteries, depending on place of purchase and brand, is gonna set you back about $125 a battery with core trade in. That $125 a battery is for Trojan T875. Your cost per battery will be different to some degree depending on where and who you purchase from. You can buy cheaper, Trojans are generally considered as good as they come. Have heard some negatives on what they call the "Black box" Trojans. When purchasing batteries, if the wallet allows, get the best battery you can get. A cheaper battery now being replaced in 2 or 3 years is no fun. I replaced a set that was almost 2 years old because they were cheap ones. First cold snap of there 2nd year of service and they were toast. From a full charge the pack died in less than 2 miles. I take care of my batteries too.
I am definitely going to negotiate new batteries into my purchase. This cart is from a dealer whereas the first one I posted was from a private seller.

I have no intentions on bringing home a new-to-me cart with five year old batteries. I'm definitely going to put Trojans in it.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:46 AM   #19
TTBHG
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Back to your original question, there's nothing wrong with 36v Cub Cars either. If you are shopping price, consider an older 36v Club Car if you are going to buy batteries anyway. Just my opinion.
I'm not shopping price per se but it is a factor in the equation. Whatever I buy, I want to start adding to it. It'll get a lift and new rims and tires. A back seat. A light kit, etc. I'd like to find something that's in pretty good shape and a decent deal at the same time if that's possible. I've looked at many that are already lifted and completely redone and it seems like I can buy one and modify it to that for cheaper than what I can buy one turn key for.

I really appreciate all of the advice that's been offered so far. It's really helped narrow down my search.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:23 PM   #20
1sharphook

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBHG View Post
I didn't get the serial number. Should I get it beforehand? Will that tell me useful information?
Post #7
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car